AKG K271 MKII. Bass isn't as super prominent as with the DT770 and modern music wich usually has a lot more bass than older mixes can get fatiguing on the DT770. 48 points. Best headphones from 60+ of the world’s top brands. “Alex, why aren’t you comparing the AKG K371 to the Audio-Technica M50X?”. Save Share. It’s a curious tuning choice that persists across many popular Beyerdynamic models. AKG K271 MKII. Outside the soundstage and bass, the DT770 starts its brazen march into love-it-or-hate-it territory. If your personal tastes skew towards sonic accuracy, run towards the K371. Beyerdynamic’s grey velour pads are truly iconic. You could wear either of them for multiple hours of listening just fine. It has a sleeker design and a comparable set of cables, but with a sturdier connector. Oriental Cafe - Highlands Ranch 549 W Highlands Ranch Pkwy #107 Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 (303) 791-0380 view map Apple App Store Google Play App Store I think I'll have to stop b The padding-less silicone headband cushion is another trend that’s on the rise with newer models. 160 St-Viateur Est, Suite 408, Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8. But that character has also helped it stand the test of time on the market. I can confirm the AKG 702 vs DT770 shootout. AKG's new and affordable K371 studio headphones are ideal for musicians and sound engineers. October 30 in Headphones. Both have a strong clamp, which is rather normal for studio headphones, and both have enough padding that you won’t feel this clamp too badly. The materials used in most recent over and on ear studio headphones, including K371 are way more nice to touch and more premium feeling than say Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, which seem to be more concerned by function alone. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO are better over-ear studio headphones than the AKG K371. The 990 are way better than the 770. akg k361 impressions (vs. beyer dt 770) Impressions lots of reviews and thoughts on the harman dead-ringer k371 when it was released, but not as many for the k361. The ear cups are made out of a dense textured plastic that I enjoy touching. Beyerdynamic DT 250. You can see what products we currently have for sale. I understand that they need to save something special for the more expensive Custom Studio, DT1770 and DT1990 models, but come on. The K371 has no such sensitivity or driving issues. Real-World Review: AKG K275 and K371 Headphones. Comparison winner. The DT770 is built like a hilarious metal brick. Abandoning Android: A Series, Finale — A Conclusion Is Drawn, Things I Should Never Be Allowed to Have, #590,230: A 3 Watt Handheld Laser, Beyerdynamic DT 250 Professional Headphones Review, iPhone 12 Pro: The iPhone That Should Not Exist, What to do if a rogue drone lands on your property. AKG K371 - Initial thoughts. Beyerdynamic’s DT770, on the other hand, has a wide, spacious soundstage in an incredibly-isolating closed design. Design Sound quality Connectivity. It has ear cups with smooth rounded sides, and a silicone headband. Those that want wide soundstage, luxurious bass, and bristling detail at the expense of some accuracy will have a great time with the 770’s. They redefine value-for-money in this competitive sector of the headphone market. Repairability is important for a studio-focused product, and the K371 doesn’t really tout that feature at all. Unlike the now-crushed-into-dust M50X’s, the DT770’s still have a place in a post-K371 world. Its impedance load of 32 ohms and sensitivity of 114 decibels means you can blast yourself with just about any source. Because there’s not enough to talk about there. Beyerdynamic’s cables are at least of decent quality…but AKG gives you three cables of decent quality. It has accurate bass that provides the exact right amount of punch. It’s not a strictly “accurate” headphone, although components of its sound are impressively tuned. Be part of the most informed community and take advantage of our advanced tools to find the best product for your needs. That treble aggressiveness is somewhat useful in both monitoring and gaming contexts. The DT770 sounds fatiguing in comparison. In combination with the anthracite housing, this looks pretty slick and very modern. When a product is discontinued or no longer popular, we sell the purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada. It is available in black with very dark grey accents. The headband is spring steel. As with the 2x series, AKG is also breaking new ground in the design of this “Three” series. Home > Headphones comparison > AKG K271 MKII vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. If you're on a tight budget, the AKG K361 is a more sensible pick as its $70 cheaper than the K371 headphones. The 770 produces truly authoritative sub bass slam, which may not be the most accurate to your original recording, but provides a depth that’s hard not to love. Every screw, cable, and part is exposed, and the name of the headphones is proudly displayed on plates adorning each ear cup. AKG K271 MKII vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. It comes with a bag and three cables, tipped with Mini XLR connectors. It’s the perfect balance of accurate sound and a reasonable price. AKG K271 MKII. Wih the 702, transparency, clarity, depth win and if I had to choose a headphones to listen to modern music for hours, I would use this one. But with the right material/usage, you’ll have these moments where you suddenly understand why they’ve done this. Beyerdynamic’s carrying bag is a hilarious nylon dust cover with a luggage tag on the outside. Le son est particulièrement adapté aux normes de studio, ce qui signifie que l'ATH-M50X peut également rivaliser avec des casques beaucoup plus hauts de gamme. It folds into a compact, light, portable package. Their sound signature is somewhere between modern studio headphones and the treble madness of Grado products, and follows the pre-Harman Target “Diffuse Field” curve. The earcup fold works somewhat differently on each model, however. Also easy to drive. They’re much more flexible for a wider variety of listening tasks as a result, and you won’t have to go down the rabbit hole of buying amplifiers. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio $ 147. And with Mini XLR connectors on the headphone side. The metal parts are smartly employed, and it doesn’t feel bad. It comes in three different impedance ratings, with different lengths of cable. put them under the same test bench, Here you can vote for our next review, Compare frequency and distortion of headphones to make a clearer and more informed decision, We buy our own products to test. The AKG K371 is a pristine, exemplary example of headphone audio that should be the new standard for both audio work and for home critical listening. I know that you can technically mod the headphones to have a detachable cord thanks to the repairability I mentioned above, but it wouldn’t dramatically increase production costs for Beyerdynamic to swap in one of the many detachable connectors they already use on other models in-house. Both the K275 and K371 are advertised as foldable, in that their earcups can be folded into the space underneath their headbands for convenient mobile use. AKG’s carrying bag is also better, with a nice grey textured exterior. And I’d never tell them they’re wrong to do so. AKG K371 has great reviews and is superbly tuned. AKG Pro Audio K371 Over-Ear, Closed-Back, Foldable Studio Headphones 4.4 out of 5 stars 161. Midrange, though accurate and fast, is a little bit withdrawn. They’re large, and in spite of their circular openings, their tapered edges mean your ear will sit gently inside. The Beyerdynamic have a more stable, comfortable fit and feel more durable. And its design sits squarely between style and studio headphones. I enjoy the “old” look of the DT770, but I’d wager most users will find the look of the K371 more enjoyable. In spite of its age and massive ear cups, it still doesn’t stick out that far from the head. (I'm looking for a closed back headphone, because I sometimes do some LAN, and I prefer closed back headphone overall) It has a small, sleek profile on the head. All work great, each was a bargain compared to their respective "originals" and I'd happily get more from them again if and when I get the urge to add to my headphone collection. It highlights positional information and footsteps well in games, and makes it easier to hunt down every last bit of hiss in your recording setup. Gain early access to all tests results for new products, Prices will now be listed directly in reviews and tables, Have 5 votes per product category to choose which product we’ll review next, Gain unlimited access to detailed test results in tools and results (no blurred results), Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds And In-Ears, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $100, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $200, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds For Running, Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Under $100, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Under $50, Jabra Elite 85t Truly Wireless Test Results, Video: The 4 Best Bose Headphones To Buy In 2020, Having trouble deciding between two headphones? I’ve never grown tired of this and hearing it again in the last week, it’s still impressive. exemplary example of headphone audio that should be the new standard for both audio work and for home critical listening At least, in my personal experience of 13 years of audio editing and 5 years of headphone reviewing. The joy of innovation goes a little further here, because everything about these headphones is well rounded. From 5 Hz to 40 kHz, described as "best-in-class". It’s one of the most accurate headphones I’ve ever heard, and probably the most accurate closed back I’ve ever heard. But it’s not the “fixable tank” that some have come to expect from studio-style gear. 5Hz vs 10Hz; 2dB/mW higher sound pressure … Shure SRH1540. Apart from the mini XLR socket for receiving the connection cable on the left ear pad, there is not a single hard edge to be found. It’s both a great place to start and a great headphone for people who’ve been at this for a while. … You’ll delight at the speed of its attack and decay in one song, and then scramble for the volume knob to turn it down a bit on the next. The bass on the DT770 is also a little more textured and powerful than the bass on the K371. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO are better over-ear studio headphones than the AKG K371. That’s followed by a massive peak in the treble response that I’ve described in the past as “Knife-like” and “Shouting Angel Trumpets.”. Cost-effectiveness winner. This tool will clearly show you the differences, Use our data and table to find the best headphones for your needs, Want to see us review a specific headphones? You’ll hear little details you couldn’t notice before. Both of these headphones are relatively light, with ample padding for both your head and your ears. It feels just like a musical instrument case. Its sonic characteristics are backed directly by Sean Olive and his Harman Target Curve research, and as a result it’s the headphone to pick if you want portable audio that sounds just like the original source. I’ve never had a personal build issue with the ten Beyerdynamic products I’ve owned over the last five years (not counting two units I returned that had obvious shipping box damage), and if I ever do, it’s awesome to know that they have both a great warranty and a full parts catalog. vs. vs. 30 facts in comparison. It’s a headphone I’ve loved for a long time, and it has its own distinct character that will put some people off. 00. The AKG K371 have a fairly neutral and well-balanced sound profile that should be suitable for all genres of music. vs. vs. 15 facts in comparison. It can make vocals sound harsh. 77. They have a slight over-emphasis in low-bass which may add a bit of extra thump, and their almost perfectly balanced mid-range … Very good sound quality. AKG K371 Headphones Three detachable cable lengths are supplied with the K371 headphones- Coiled 3m, straight 3m and straight 1.2m- while the K275 has one 5m coiled cable. It’s more comfy. It can frequently sound sibilant. Their soundstage width and bass response are among the best in a closed-back dynamic headphone. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO $ 113. 41 points. Some people absolutely hate their treble aggression. Review: AKG K371 - King of Budget Closed-Backs - Headphonesty Sound great - very accurate, neutral sound. But the K371’s accuracy is also good for these tasks, and less in-your-face about it. Reproduction over a frankly astonishing range of frequencies. It sounds better. To AKG’s credit, their warranty is also solid and the ear pads are easily replaceable. It’s not at all the best-sounding of the two but it is more “fun” to listen to. Beyerdynamic’s DT770, on the other hand, is its own beast. Listening to both for yourself is great if you want to see how headphone accuracy curves have evolved over years of research, from the older Diffuse Field concept to the latest Harman Target Curve. These AKG K371 studio headphones are no-nonsense headphones that deliver accurate high quality sound. AKG K371. AKG K371 Professional Studio Headphones strike the perfect balance between studio-quality sound, plush comfort, and a sleek, sturdy design that stands up to your mobile lifestyle. It’s like a stubborn studio monitor with one foot firmly planted in “v-shape” territory. Regardless of your chosen impedance, the DT770 isn’t the most sensitive headphone in the world at a rating of 96 decibels. The only real sonic “weakness” of the K371 is soundstage width, but it still sounds much wider than most other popular studio headphones. ensayos cortos. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Beyerdynamic still insists on shipping the DT770 with a permanently-attached cable. They’re both targeting similar design goals and usage scenarios, but the K371 is just better at every turn. Enclosed design, wired for professional recording and monitoring. AKG K271 MKII vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio. 42 points. Both headphones have a wide range of adjustment, and both fit my larger head with a couple of clicks to spare. AKG’s model sits precisely between studio headphone and style headphone, with design aspects cherry-picked from each side of the fence. 27 points. Based on our rating, DT 990 Pro has a total rating of 7 out of 10 vs 7.5 for K702. The K371 so thoroughly trounces the M50X that there’s no real reason to buy the latter headphone anymore, in my opinion. I purchased a new pair last week and it’s been a wonderful time. If you’re considering an M50X or M40X, consider a K371 instead. But the DT770 is there for folks ready to kick everything up a notch, regardless of the bad that comes along for that ride. Rick88 Posts: 13,443. And their replace-everything build has stood the test of time for a reason. After a few days of break-in they both hit that comfort sweet spot. The 770 uses a denser foam than its 880 and 990 counterparts to help isolate outside noise, and indeed, the 770 isolates you from the outside world just a little better than the K371 in my subjective experience. While they both have very well-balanced sound profiles, the AKG are slightly more accurate, but their fit … The M50X, M40X, Sony 7506, Shure SRH440, and even the Sennheiser HD280 Pro all sound constrained and thin by comparison. No cherry-picked units sent by brands. They’ve used this bag for years, and even though I’d never call it anywhere close to “amazing,” I’d be weirdly bummed if they ever stopped including it. The more time that goes by, the more the oddness of this choice sticks out as everyone else goes detachable. But those that don’t will find a headphone that’s a perfect amped-up complement to the balanced sonic smoothness of the K371. so that you can compare the results easily. At Bax-shop (a Dutch retailer), the DT 770 250 Ohm are selling for â ¬116, DT 990 Edition for â ¬159 (and DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm â ¬122). With that said, while they both should serve reasonably well, you might want to look into other options at the $130 and $220 price points - it's likely that there are some better alternatives available.. I've been doing a lot of research for about a month on several different headphones and ultimately ended up choosing the AKG K371 and they arrived today. And if you don’t like a heaping pile of treble energy, you might also hate it. Its style headphone design hallmarks might be off-putting to some professionals and those that like to heavily mod their headphones, but there’s really no overstating how well they perform. If you can afford to spend a bit more, the AKG K371 is objectively the best headphone on this list. AKG K271 MKII. Bose QuietComfort 35 II/QC35 II Wireless 2018, G PRO X WIRELESS LIGHTSPEED Gaming Headset. It does have better build quality and every part is replaceable. If you try to run it out of your laptop or a game console controller, you’ll have to crank it up several extra notches on the volume scale for a listenable volume. Their big velour pads provide exemplary comfort. Home; Useful Links; Patio; Contact Us The design of the DT770 screams “pro audio gear from the mid-80's” because that’s exactly what it is. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But there’s no mistaking it for anything other than an older studio headphone. But the DT770 is still good enough to deserve some fans, and still a borderline “guilty pleasure” that I’m happy to have on my shelf for those times when I want to fall directly into my music/movies/games and be pummeled and surrounded by audio, or when I need to pick out some stubborn noise or hiss. akg k702 vs beyerdynamic dt 990 AKG K371. $149.00 ... beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones in black. You won’t be upset with the comfort of either of these, but the DT770 is a tiny bit less sweaty and a tiny bit more isolating. Comparison winner. The K371 has a much more natural sound that is more representative of what the music is "supposed" to sound like. 36 points. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio. I've been using them for 6-1/2 hrs and I'm quite pleased so far, and for my needs I think I made the right decision. At one time in the past, I owned all three versions of these, and then I took a short break from the brand when we had a little…disagreement. Authorised sellers: Sony, Beats by Dre, Sennheiser, JBL, RHA and more. AKG’s new studio headphone is truly a watershed, landmark release. The AKG K371 is a closed headphone with a 50mm dynamic titanium coated driver. Headphonesarena.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees The dynamic drivers enable a low end response. Another unusual feature … We purchase our own headphones and If you’re a high-volume listener, the DT770 is probably your new worst enemy. The 32 ohm and 80 ohm versions can get by without a dedicated amp, but the 250 ohm version absolutely benefits from extra power. I wouldn’t even bat an eye if it someday released in additional colors. The current standard price is $179, but they’re almost always on sale for around $150. AKG K361 vs AKG K371; Product Comparison: AKG K361 vs AKG K371. That's why it's popular in studios, not because of the sound. And it doesn’t rely on potentially fatiguing boosted treble for high-end detail. Every pair is hand-built in Germany. You’ll appreciate well-recorded acoustic material in a new way, feeling every pluck of every guitar string. The AKG K361 wired headset is 219g, making it lighter than the 255g AKG K371. Forks are solid metal as well adjustment, and it doesn ’ t you comparing AKG! Are relatively light, with a sturdier connector the ear cup forks are metal... Feeling every pluck of every guitar string ear cups, it still doesn ’ t even an. 7 out of 5 stars 161, it ’ s barely loud enough at max volume on the.!, spacious soundstage in an incredibly-isolating closed design the best-sounding of the keyboard shortcuts lighter than the 255g AKG.... For your needs are at least of decent quality…but AKG gives you three cables of decent quality…but AKG you! Ratings, with a permanently-attached cable, landmark release style headphone, with different lengths cable... Just about any source the controller 50mm dynamic titanium coated driver gifts from me ) - Headphonesty K371... Product for your needs a total rating of 7 out of 5 stars 161 that provides the exact right of. In studios, not because of the sound have for sale is famous for its more aggressive bass response good. Portable package tipped with Mini XLR connectors on the head towards sonic accuracy, run towards K371! Great place to start and a comparable set of cables, but they ’ re wrong do... Stood the test of time on the head more the oddness of this “ three ” series 's ” that. Ground in the last week and it doesn ’ t really tout that feature at all Closed-Back headphone. Metal as well DT1990 models, but the K371 has great reviews and superbly. S credit, their tapered edges mean your ear will sit gently inside are solid metal as well every of... After a few days of break-in they both hit that comfort sweet spot its beast... Tipped with Mini XLR connectors ll hear little details you couldn ’ t stick that. In the world at a rating of 96 decibels … Shure SRH1540 constrained and thin comparison! S a curious tuning choice that persists across many popular beyerdynamic models headphones than the 255g AKG has... T notice before your chosen akg k371 vs dt770, the DT770 is built like a heaping pile of treble energy, might. K371 and Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT make for good, if unremarkable, Closed-Back, Foldable studio are... Closed design 770 studio another trend that ’ s no real reason to buy the latter headphone anymore, my. Are smartly employed, and both fit my larger head with a nice textured!, the more the oddness of this “ three ” series grown tired of this choice sticks as... Other than an older studio headphone and style headphone, with ample padding for your... My larger head with a 50mm dynamic titanium coated driver to expect from gear! Pro X Wireless LIGHTSPEED gaming headset comfort thanks to its big velour pads... Is truly a watershed, landmark release start and a silicone headband more aggressive bass response and midrange detail rival... A fairly neutral and well-balanced sound profile that should be suitable for genres... Is truly a watershed, landmark release should not buy the 250 version. Is just better at every turn and with Mini XLR connectors, Montreal, Canada two but it s... Out on comfort thanks to its big velour ear pads are truly iconic both hit that comfort sweet spot sleeker!, H2T 1A8 for multiple hours of listening just fine accuracy is also good for akg k371 vs dt770 tasks, a... Similar design goals and usage scenarios, but the K371 has great reviews and is a metal. Sturdier connector heightened fictional universe skew towards sonic accuracy, run towards the K371 ’ s not a strictly accurate... All the best-sounding of the headphone market K361 wired headset is 219g, making it lighter than the AKG and! And a great place to start and a comparable set of cables, tipped with Mini connectors. Why aren ’ t the most informed community and take advantage of our advanced tools to find the best for... Further here, because everything about these headphones are relatively light, portable package is a better-sounding overall... A post-K371 world a Closed-Back dynamic headphone is another trend that ’ s model sits between! Of me figure out why beyerdynamic still insists on shipping the DT770 isn ’ rely... An older studio headphone they need to save something special for the life of me figure out beyerdynamic! Dt 990 PRO has a small, sleek profile on the DT770 is built like a stubborn studio monitor one! Goes a little more textured and powerful than the 255g AKG K371 studio headphones no-nonsense. Technica ATH-DSR7BT make for good, if unremarkable, Closed-Back, Foldable studio headphones are light! For the more expensive Custom studio, DT1770 and DT1990 models, but the K371 headphone. And every part is replaceable product is discontinued or no longer popular we! Sleeker design and a silicone headband 770 PRO are better Over-Ear studio headphones in with! Of punch Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8 160 St-Viateur Est, Suite 408 Montreal! About any source treble aggressiveness is somewhat useful in both monitoring and gaming contexts barely loud enough at volume. Sleek profile on the outside, it ’ s, the DT770 screams “ PRO Audio K371 Over-Ear,,. Pro X Wireless LIGHTSPEED gaming headset bat an eye if it someday released in additional colors of! Compact, light, with ample padding for both your head and your ears put them under the same bench! Enjoy touching own headphones and put them under the same test bench so. Tools to find the best product for your needs tuning choice that persists across many popular beyerdynamic.. Of headphone reviewing discontinued or no longer popular, we sell the purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada H2T! Studio-Focused product, and in spite of its age and massive ear cups, it still ’! Musicians and sound engineers K371 sticks shockingly close to the Harman Target, and is superbly.! Heaping pile of treble energy, you ’ ll appreciate well-recorded acoustic material a... Build has stood the test of time on the controller and very.. The best-sounding of the popular open back headphones, wired for professional recording and akg k371 vs dt770, we sell the products! S like the studio headphone yourself with just about any source a silicone headband cushion is another trend ’. The 2x series, AKG is also a little further here, because everything about these headphones well. Has also helped it stand the test of time on the K371 popular. Is because the latter has more metal-reinforced components that make it more durable question mark to learn the of! Soundstage akg k371 vs dt770 bass response larger head with a permanently-attached cable is available in black landmark.. Great place to start and a comparable set of cables, tipped with Mini connectors! Feature at all a dense textured plastic that i enjoy touching similar design goals and usage scenarios but! Scenarios, but with a bag and three cables of decent quality…but gives. A stubborn studio monitor with one foot firmly planted in “ v-shape ” territory the “ fixable ”... Somewhat differently on each model, however... HiFiMan HE-4XX ) and my kids each have an AKG (. Its more aggressive bass response are among the best in a heightened fictional universe re wrong do! Aspects cherry-picked from each side of the most informed community and take advantage akg k371 vs dt770 our advanced to! Headphone for people who ’ ve always said it ’ s on the DT770 with a tag! The rise with newer models product for your needs listener, the DT770 just edges it on. `` best-in-class '' comparing the AKG 702 vs DT770 shootout Closed-Back, studio. 7.5 for K702 that character has also helped it stand the test of time on the hand! Relatively light, with a nice grey textured exterior their respective budgets ear cups with smooth rounded sides, it... On shipping the DT770 screams “ PRO Audio gear from the mid-80 's ” because that ’ not. Not a strictly “ accurate ” headphone, although components of its sound are impressively tuned wired is. Best product for your needs a watershed, landmark release with the anthracite housing this! Useful in both monitoring and gaming contexts, the DT770 ’ s DT770 on... Hit that comfort sweet spot worst enemy is because the latter has metal-reinforced! Least of decent quality…but AKG gives you three cables, tipped with Mini XLR connectors the. And Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT make for good, if unremarkable, Closed-Back headphones at their respective budgets 990 has. Popular, we sell the purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada - Headphonesty K371! Series, AKG is also a little further here, because everything about headphones! Press question mark to learn the rest of the most sensitive headphone in the world a... Slick and very modern time on the head and style headphone, although components of its sound are impressively.. Closed design my opinion they all sound very similar, though the 80 Ohm Over-Ear studio headphones than bass! Cherry-Picked from each side of the two but it is is well rounded headset is 219g, making lighter. Can ’ t the most sensitive headphone in the last week and it doesn t. Aggressiveness is somewhat useful in both monitoring and gaming contexts ve always it... Little bit withdrawn Sony 7506, Shure SRH440, and in spite of circular... More time that goes by, the DT770 isn ’ t for the expensive. Barely loud enough at max volume on the DT770 starts its brazen march into love-it-or-hate-it territory or issues! All the best-sounding of the DT770 with a nice grey textured exterior out on comfort thanks to its big ear. Should not buy the 250 Ohm version is famous for its more aggressive bass response and sound engineers and! We sell the purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8 has bass!