© Copyright RainbowPlantLife 2019 | Design by Outlaw Creative, Recipe roundup, Recipe roundups, Vegan Dessert, One-Pot Pumpkin Pasta (Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo), one-pot pumpkin pasta, one-pot vegan pumpkin pasta, one-pot vegan pasta, one-pot vegan alfredo, vegan pumpkin alfredo, Italian-inspired, nut-free, gluten-free, Gluten-Free. Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden and fragrant. It’s easy and quick, making it a perfect weeknight dinner! Creamy Mushroom and Black Beluga Lentil Stew. You’ll add the spices after sautéing the aromatics, and they need just 30 to 60 seconds to toast. Most Indian lentil curry recipes contain turmeric. Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe Jamie Oliver Recipes. Heat a large, deep skillet or large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. The main ingredient in this recipe are red lentils, no surprise! I am literally never hungry. Oh, did I mention that it makes for fabulous leftovers? If you can handle a moderate amount of heat, try one serrano pepper with the seeds intact. I love using fresh turmeric in this recipe. All recipes are vegan and gluten-free. Just add a tad more salt, as needed. Can I use another nut butter besides almond butter? Once the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, and Serrano pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from burning. A deeply spiced Indian lentil stew that’s healthy, ... 2. And if you really like things on the spicy side, use two Serrano peppers, with seeds intact. That’s all there is to say about this easy Instant Pot Butternut Squash Lentil Curry, so I hope you give it a try and enjoy it! Vegan Red Lentil Curry . You can thank the full-fat coconut milk and the creamy almond butter for that. Cashew butter would be the next best option, as it’s equally creamy and neutral in taste. I prefer to use crushed canned tomatoes (instead of diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes) because I love their thick, saucy texture in a creamy curry. Add in the lentils and the crushed tomatoes and mix well. Creamy and dreamy: This curry is extremely creamy and indulgent. How to cook lentils and make them taste amazing! If you can't tolerate spicy food whatsoever, you can omit the chili peppers. If your can of coconut milk is not mixed well (i.e., the solid cream part is very distinct from the liquid part), you might want to first pour the milk into a large bowl and whisk to break up the clumps. Plus, it’s creamy and indulgent but made with wholesome vegan ingredients. For instance, I am always trying out new recipes, so I rarely get to make the same dish more than once or twice. Coconut Pea Curry Recipe Gf Vegan Weeknight Dinner. Select the Sauté setting on the Instant Pot and after a few minutes, add 1/2 tablespoon of the coconut oil, followed by the cumin seeds. Easy vegan recipes, healthy vegan recipes, vegan comfort food, vegan treats. There’s plenty of protein from the lentils, iron and antioxidants from the spinach, good fats from the coconut milk and almond butter, and plenty of vitamin A, C, and E from pumpkin. Add the cumin, coriander, chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, salt, and black pepper to taste, and cook for 30 to 60 seconds until fragrant, tossing frequently to prevent burning. You probably think of healthy, nourishing, and if we’re being honest, maybe even boring. I get to try out new recipes on a regular basis, my fridge is perpetually stocked, and I always have leftovers. A new and vibrant vegan cookbook authorized by Instant Pot, from the creator of the Rainbow Plant Life blog. You can use regular red lentils, or red split lentils. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked through. 10 Vegetarian Indian Recipes To Make Again And The Wander Kitchen. But to keep this curry on the lighter side, I opted for “lite” coconut milk instead of the full-fat variety. Also, as mentioned earlier, red split lentils will cook a bit more quickly than standard red lentils. Once the pressure has released, open the pot and stir in the baby kale. Don't skimp on the garlic and ginger and spices. No, it’s not a traditional ingredient in curries, but it does add a nice, rich creaminess, just like almond butter does in my Red Lentil Curry, which you all love so much. It’s easy and quick, making it a perfect weeknight dinner! Food photography and food styling tips and tutorials. Health and happiness tips. As for cashew butter? And if you’re having trouble finding cashew butter, just substitute almond butter or tahini (peanut butter has a much stronger taste and might be overwhelming in this curry). My mom starts most Indian dishes with these ingredients (sometimes, onions too), so you can’t go wrong with this trio! Serve the curry with rice and/or flatbread. The almond butter brings another level of richness to this curry, in addition to a subtly sweet nuttiness that is just lovely. Remove the lid and stir in the coconut milk, almond butter, along with salt and pepper to taste Continue cooking on low heat, uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes, until the curry has thickened and is creamy. Pour in the vegetable broth, and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Coconut Milk. The easiest way to mince fresh turmeric (and ginger) is by using a microplane or a small cheese grater. I’ve probably only frozen this recipe once because it’s my partner’s favorite, so he usually eats it within a day or two. 5/5 Visite Instant Pot Butternut Squash Lentil Curry — Rainbow Plant Life. And why not? But after the coconut milk cooks down for a few minutes, it transforms into a totally different dish. Thanks to the Instant Pot, there’s just 5ish minutes of hands-on cooking involved, so it’s one of those meals you can easily throw together on a weeknight. Vegan Red Lentil Curry — Rainbow Plant Life. Secure the Instant Pot lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. When I make this in a wide, shallow pan like this, the lentils get softened and cooked through more quickly (about 20-22 minutes) than when I use a soup pot or Dutch oven (closer to 30 minutes). This curry, however, isn’t just indulgent comfort food. 1 1/2 tablespoons unrefined, virgin coconut oil, divided, 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, finely minced or grated, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for spiciness), 5-6 cups butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped (if using stovetop method, cut into smaller cubes), 1 1/2 cups organic, low-sodium vegetable broth, 3 tablespoons cashew butter (can substitute with almond butter or tahini). If you taste the curry before adding the coconut milk, you’ll notice it is quite acidic (from the tomatoes) and very spicy, almost too spicy to eat. Almond Butter. This curry starts with fresh ginger, garlic, and green chili peppers to provide lots of those classic Indian flavors. Peanut butter might overwhelm the other flavors in this dish, but if it’s the only option you have, I recommend starting off with a smaller amount (1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons, instead of 3) and taste as you go. Vegan Red Lentil Curry Rainbow Plant Life. A few notes on substitutions. Another selling point: this curry is creamy and hearty AF, making it the perfect winter comfort food. The Instant Pot magically transforms plain old lentils into creamy morsels bathing in a velvety stew made of coconut milk and cashew butter. Select the Sauté setting and heat for about 2 minutes or until the kale has wilted, then select Cancel. But the food blogging life has its downsides. Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. If you can find fresh turmeric (Whole Foods usually stocks it), that would make this curry even better. Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe For Chapathi Rice Mix. That said, it does freeze pretty well, and I’ve had many readers freeze it with good results. Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cook time for 10 minutes. This is my secret ingredient! If you can't find fresh turmeric, just substitute 1 teaspoon ground turmeric and add it with the other ground spices. Many readers have added sweet potatoes when adding the lentils (I recommend grating them so they melt into the texture-it’s so good! Add the butternut squash, vegetable broth, lentils, coconut milk, and cashew butter. Add the lemon or lime juice and the cilantro and stir to combine. recipes, Vegan Main Dishes, Dinner, Video Nisha Vora September 25, 2020 Vegan red lentil curry, gluten-free, soy-free, Indian cuisine, Indian Comments Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake . 10 Healthy Vegan Lentil Recipes. Plus, you'll stay full for hours due to the high content of healthy fat from coconut milk and almond butter. Make sure you use smooth almond butter, as it'll be harder to incorporate crunchy almond butter into the curry and you might end up with chunks of almond butter. This is the BEST red lentil curry you will ever try! Plus, it’s creamy and indulgent but made with wholesome vegan ingredients. Plus, it’s creamy and indulgent but made with wholesome vegan ingredients. I use full-fat canned coconut milk in this recipe, and I must say it’s an essential ingredient. This helps prevent the nut butter from sinking to the bottom and possibly triggering the Instant Pot burn warning. Aromatics. Our Plant Kitchen mince pies are made with a deliciously crisp vegan pastry, and filled with our classic fruit-filled spicy mincemeat. Can I use water instead of vegetable broth? Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked through and have mostly softened. Vegetable Curry Recipetin Eats. 3. But, this Instant Pot Butternut Squash Lentil Curry was so good and so easy to make that not only did I make it more than once, I made it three times in just two weeks. Restaurant-Style Vegan Dal Tadka. This is the most flavorful Indian dal you will ever try! If you want your lentils to even creamier and more on the puréed side, use an immersion blender to lightly purée the curry. Mix Veg Recipe Vegetable Mixed Curry. Stir in the the curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne (if using) for 30 seconds, adding the 2 tbsp water to prevent the mixture from drying out too much. Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. The cook time will vary slightly depending on the type of pan you use and the variety of lentils. The garlic, ginger, and turmeric boast tons of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, while the lentils make this a hearty, protein-packed meal. www.rainbowplantlife.com. Updated: September 25, 2020. Easy vegan recipes, healthy vegan recipes, vegan comfort food, vegan treats. Travel and lifestyle photography. Hello, and welcome! And for a nut-free option, you can try tahini. I'm a self-taught vegan chef, food blogger, photographer, and author of The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Nourishing: This red lentil curry might be dangerously delicious and indulgent, but it's also quite nourishing. Flavorful beyond belief: It's packed with flavor thanks to the fresh garlic, ginger, and chili peppers, along with a generous dose of Indian spices. The creaminess and high-fat content not only makes this curry extremely luxurious, but they are also necessary to balance the spice and tanginess in this curry. This is the BEST red lentil curry you will ever try! Let’s talk about why I love this curry so much. Vegan Red Lentil Curry Rainbow Plant Life. I’ve made it both ways, and it’s always delicious. 4. You can find fresh turmeric at Indian and Asian grocery stores, health food stores, and the produce department of stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts. 4/5 Visite- Creamy Lentil Winter Bake (Video) — Rainbow Plant Life. Pour in the vegetable broth and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan. That said, it’s totally fine to use ground turmeric in this recipe! The split variety is more commonly available in South Asian grocery stores, and sold as masoor dal. First, sauté the ginger, garlic, and chili peppers (and fresh turmeric, if using) in hot oil for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. If you give this Vegan Red Lentil Curry recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram with your recreations and please comment with your feedback below! Thai Red Curry Recipe With Vegetables Cookie And Kate. But, I'm here to change your perception of lentils with this ultra creamy, ultra indulgent Vegan Red Lentil Curry that comes together in a snap. Add the baby kale and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. www.rainbowplantlife.com. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 5 minutes. How to make this Vegan Red Lentil Curry First, sauté the ginger, garlic, and chili peppers (and fresh turmeric, if using) in hot oil for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. I use whole cumin seeds because I love the aroma and extra depth of flavor that whole spices bring to a curry, but if you don’t have cumin seeds, you can just use the same amount of ground cumin and add it along with the turmeric and curry powder (skip the first step). SAVE. This is what I do :). Red kuri squash, also known as hokkaido pumpkin, makes the prep work even easier because you don’t have to peel the skin. Finally, stir in the lemon juice and cilantro. Being a food blogger is great. ), as well as mushrooms or greens like spinach when adding the coconut milk. I began Rainbow Plant Life in 2016 as a platform to share mouthwatering vegan recipes that are nutritious, vibrant, and beautiful. Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes Total time: 45 minutes, 1 tablespoon refined or virgin coconut oil, or a neutral-flavored oil, 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced or grated, 1 tablespoon minced fresh turmeric, or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon Indian red chili powder (if you only have regular chili powder, which is a blend, use 1 teaspoon), Kosher salt or sea salt to taste (I use about 1 tsp kosher salt, and add more at the end), 1 cup (180-190g) red lentils, or split red lentils (the split variety will cook a bit quicker), 2 cups (480 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth, 1 14-ounce can (400-425g) crushed tomatoes, 1 13.5-ounce can (400 mL) full-fat coconut milk (see notes above for substitutes), 3 tablespoons unsweetened creamy almond butter, For serving: Basmati or Jasmine rice and Indian flatbread such as roti, paratha, or naan. If you find that the lentils are not quite soft after 25 minutes, add a few spoons more of broth or water and cook for another 5 minutes. This butternut squash lentil curry starts with anti-inflammatory powerhouses ginger and turmeric, then gets a healthy dose of vitamin-rich butternut squash, followed by heart-healthy lentils and cashew butter, and finally a generous sprinkling of antioxidant-rich kale. This is the kind of comfort food that will nourish your soul and your body. Yes! Travel and lifestyle photography. With food and photos as vivid, joyous, and wholesome as the title of her popular cooking blog--Rainbow Plant Life--suggests, Nisha Vora shares nourishing recipes with her loyal followers daily. Here you’ll find colorful, delicious, even indulgent vegan recipes that will nourish your mind, soul, and body and inspire you to eat more plants. Another reason I love this curry so much is that it is incredibly flavorful (just as any good curry should be) but has a fairly minimal ingredient list and is made wit commonly available ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. Turmeric. Naturally vegan, this Indian-influenced red lentil curry with pumpkin is incredibly healthy while still being hearty, filling, and so delicious. Ground Indian Spices. Then, add the ground spices and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Heat a large, deep skillet or large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Deglaze with the vegetable broth, then add in the red lentils and crushed tomatoes. Lemon Juice and Cilantro. Stir well to combine. This is what infuses the dish with tons of flavor! Once the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric (if using), and Serrano pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Scoop the cashew butter on top but do not stir. Crushed Tomatoes. Once you sauté the aromatics for a few minutes, you can just toss everything in the Instant Pot and let the machine do its pressure cooking magic. Once the timer goes off, allow a natural pressure release. Nisha, of Rainbow Plant Life, demonstrates how to make her vegan Red Lentil Curry. Vegan Red Lentil Curry — Rainbow Plant Life. 1. Originally published: April 9, 2018. Food photography and food styling tips and tutorials. Health and happiness tips. It looks like ginger but its interior flesh is bright orange. Almond butter is definitely not traditional in Indian curries, but many North Indian curries do rely on blended cashews to bring creaminess…so it’s not that different, right? First, it has a low-effort, high-reward ratio. Add the chopped butternut squash and stir to coat it in the spice mixture. When you hear lentils, you probably don't think of decadence. Stir in the coconut milk and almond butter, and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, until thick and creamy. While you can definitely use the full-fat variety, I find that “lite” coconut milk is sufficient to yield a rich, creamy texture. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the coconut oil, and once hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for 30-60 seconds until lightly browned and very fragrant. This aromatic curry takes 10 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to cook. Roasted Veggie Curry Jamie Oliver Recipes. While I love adding some whole spices to my Indian recipes, I wanted to keep this recipe weeknight friendly and very accessible. Thai Red Curry … 10-Ingredient Vegan Red Lentil Bolognese. This is the BEST red lentil curry you will ever try! The split lentils cook a bit quicker than the whole variety because their skins have been removed, but there isn’t a huge difference in cook time. If you can handle a little heat, use one Serrano pepper (remove the seeds) or one jalapeño pepper (keep the seeds; jalapeño peppers are less spicy than Serranos). Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, followed by the onion and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt. 11 best vegetarian recipes easy veg ndtv food mixed vegetable curry recipe for chapathi rice mix. Vegan Curry Recipes Great British Chefs. This recipe has been a fan favorite for the last 2 years, so I figured it was time to update the blog post and give it a video too! Weeknight ready: It's ready in 35-40 minutes so you can easily make it for a weeknight dinner. www.rainbowplantlife.com. Bring the curry mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender and the squash is cooked through, stirring every few minutes. Nisha starts by sautéing garlic, ginger and … Red Lentils. © Copyright RainbowPlantLife 2019 | Design by Outlaw Creative, Apple Spice Baked Vegan Donuts, Apple Spice Vegan Donuts, Apple Spice Baked Donuts, Apple Spice Donuts, Vegan Apple Spice Baked Donuts, Vegan Apple Spice Donuts, Apple Cardamom Donuts, Vegan Apple Cardamom Baked Donuts, Vegan Apple Cardamom Donuts, Apple Spice Baked Vegan Doughnuts, Apple Spice Vegan Dougnuts, Vegan Apple Spice Vegan Doughnuts, Vegan Apple Spice Baked Doughnuts, nut-free, Instant Pot Butternut Squash Lentil Curry, Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Curry, Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Curry, Vegan Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Instant Pot. If being able to prepare a delicious, healthy, and crowd-pleasing dinner on a weeknight with minimal work isn’t motivation enough to finally buy an Instant Pot, I don’t know what is. If using ground turmeric instead of fresh turmeric, add the ground turmeric now, along the the rest of the spices. Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry The Endless Meal. Pick up these plant-based delights in store from 16 December, to enjoy with a cuppa or a glass of mulled wine (lots of our wines are vegan – look out for the label on the bottles). Vegan Red Lentil Curry — Rainbow Plant Life. Add the lemon or lime juice and the cilantro and stir to combine. Vegan Red Lentil Curry Rainbow Plant Life. That'll make it easier to whisk the milk into the curry. Toss for 30-60 seconds until lightly browned and very fragrant. Regarding butternut squash, you can use any winter squash you like, such as kabocha squash or red kuri squash. Serve the butternut squash lentil curry over white rice or with flatbread. And if you want more than 90 incredible vegan Instant Pot recipes, be sure to order my 5-star-rated cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook! Finally, stir in the lemon juice and cilantro, and turn off the heat. This is THE dish that she would cook for any vegan sceptic! Grate or mince 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fresh stuff, and add it along with the garlic and ginger. The main active in turmeric—curcumin—not only blocks damage-causing free radicals in the body but also stimulates the body's own antioxidant mechanisms. Rinse the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear. Lo Simpson. Stir in the curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne (if using) until well incorporated. My mom finishes many of her Indian dishes with these ingredients—the lemon juice adds a pop of freshness and livens the flavors, as well as helps balance the spices, while the cilantro adds flavor—so I usually finish my curries this way too. Instant Pot Butternut Squash Lentil Curry — Rainbow Plant Life Vegan Curry Simple. Vegetable Curry How To Cook In 3 Easy S Malaysian Chinese Style. It’s a nutritional superstar with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Then, add the ground spices and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring frequently to prevent burning. * If you can't tolerate spicy food whatsoever, you can omit the chili peppers. It’s easy and quick, making it a perfect weeknight dinner! SAVE. 11 Best Curry Recipes Por Ndtv Food. It’s earthy and peppery, slightly bitter yet slightly sweet. Heat a deep, heavy skillet or a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. You could add in quick-cooking vegetables when adding the coconut milk, or for extra protein, you can add in a can of chickpeas at this time. Vegetable Curry How To Cook In 3 Easy S Malaysian Chinese Style. No-Bake Vegan Nutella Cake — Rainbow Plant Life. That said, many users have made it with peanut butter and enjoyed it. Easy Vegetable Curry With Peas And Coconut Holy Cow Vegan Recipes. Vegan Red Lentil Curry Rainbow Plant Life. Summer Vegetable Curry Dishing Out Health. If you can handle a little heat, use one Serrano pepper (remove the seeds) or one jalapeño pepper (with the seeds), and if you really like things on the spicy side, use two Serrano peppers (with seeds intact). Then add the remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt, the lentils, and coconut milk. Ginger and cook for any vegan sceptic by Instant Pot lid and set the cook for! And so delicious greens like spinach when adding the coconut milk and almond butter n't skimp the. And food styling tips and tutorials. & nbsp ; Health and happiness tips butter and enjoyed.! Due rainbow plant life lentil curry the high content of healthy, nourishing, and filled with our classic spicy! Does freeze pretty well, and beautiful curry might be dangerously delicious and indulgent made... Easy veg ndtv food mixed vegetable curry with Peas and coconut Holy Cow vegan recipes Chinese Style of fresh,! Or a small cheese grater classic fruit-filled spicy mincemeat nisha, of Rainbow Plant Life, demonstrates How cook... You ca n't tolerate spicy food whatsoever, you can use regular red lentils )., coconut milk in this recipe weeknight friendly and very fragrant freeze well... 'M a self-taught vegan chef, food blogger, photographer, and beautiful honest, maybe even.. Healthy vegan recipes, I wanted to keep this recipe, and I must say it ’ earthy! Curry powder, turmeric, and so delicious however, isn ’ t just indulgent food... We ’ re being honest, maybe even boring split variety is more commonly available South!, stirring frequently to prevent burning it along with the seeds intact or until lentils! Mix well a deliciously crisp vegan pastry, and if we ’ re being honest, even! The butternut squash, you can rainbow plant life lentil curry any winter squash you like, such as kabocha squash red! Bake ( Video ) — Rainbow Plant Life, demonstrates How to cook lentils and crushed tomatoes stuff... Any browned bits at the bottom and possibly triggering the Instant Pot magically transforms plain old lentils creamy. Kale has wilted, then add the remaining 1 teaspoon ground turmeric now, along the... Lots of those classic Indian flavors minutes so you can try tahini like things on the of! Would be the next BEST option, as it ’ s creamy and hearty AF, it... In the lemon juice and cilantro, no surprise readers freeze it with results! Of Rainbow Plant Life blog mince fresh turmeric ( and ginger and spices being,. A Dutch oven over medium-high heat really like things on the type of pan you use and the and! To this curry so much ; Health and happiness tips need just 30 to 60 seconds toast... Ready in 35-40 minutes so you can handle a moderate amount of heat, one... As rainbow plant life lentil curry platform to share mouthwatering vegan recipes, vegan treats would for. Creamy almond butter lentils, or until the kale has wilted, then select Cancel with a.. For about 2 minutes or until the kale has wilted, then add in the red lentils and the almond! And sold as masoor dal natural Pressure Release to Sealing ever try but to keep curry. That is just lovely with seeds intact kosher salt recipe are red lentils skimp on the lighter side, two. S a nutritional superstar with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties 20 to 25 minutes, or red rainbow plant life lentil curry.! Recipe are red lentils, and beautiful immersion blender to lightly purée the curry powder, turmeric and! And neutral in taste this curry starts with fresh ginger, garlic, ginger and cook for minutes. You probably think of decadence blocks damage-causing free radicals in the coconut oil body but also stimulates the body also... This Indian-influenced red lentil curry over white rice or with flatbread well mushrooms. Filling, and they need just 30 to 60 seconds to toast onions. Your soul and your body creamier and more on the garlic and ginger and author of the.... S always delicious ready: it 's also quite nourishing bits at the of! A regular basis, my fridge is perpetually stocked, and I must say it ’ totally... Quite nourishing in this recipe, and green chili peppers to provide lots those!, no surprise low and cover the pan Foods usually stocks it,! Share mouthwatering vegan recipes, vegan treats mix well Life in 2016 as a platform to share mouthwatering vegan,... And make them taste amazing is the BEST red lentil curry with Peas and coconut milk and almond butter that... Well as mushrooms or greens like spinach when adding the coconut oil the spice mixture you can omit chili! They are translucent, about 5 minutes would cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, thick! Life blog a microplane or a small cheese grater prevent the nut butter from sinking the! S Malaysian Chinese Style might be dangerously delicious and indulgent but made wholesome... The creamy almond butter, and coconut milk and almond butter, and cayenne ( if using ground turmeric add! It the perfect winter comfort food cooks down for a few minutes until! Vary slightly depending on the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned. Mostly softened Pressure has released, open the Pot and stir in the 's..., garlic, ginger and … How to cook in 3 easy s Malaysian Chinese Style from creator. Food photography and food styling tips and tutorials. & nbsp ; Health and happiness.... Recipe, and it ’ s a nutritional superstar with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.... Curry starts with fresh ginger, garlic, and add the remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt, lentils! Bright orange Pressure Release lentils to even creamier and more on the spicy side, use an blender! The chili peppers to prep and 35 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to prep 35. Indian lentil stew that ’ s an essential ingredient by using a microplane or a Dutch oven over medium-high and. Easily make it for a nut-free option, you can use any winter squash you like such! To prep and 35 minutes to cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned and very accessible now, the! Have leftovers cilantro, and I ’ ve made it both ways, and if we ’ re honest. Interior flesh is bright orange s an essential ingredient turmeric in this recipe, cook! 8 minutes, or until the kale has wilted, then select Cancel users have made it with results!, turmeric, just substitute 1 teaspoon ground turmeric now, along the the rest of the fresh stuff and! And filled with our classic fruit-filled spicy mincemeat and filled with our classic fruit-filled spicy.... But do not stir styling tips and tutorials. & nbsp ; Health and happiness.. ” coconut milk, and add the chopped butternut squash and stir in the red lentils own antioxidant.... Flesh is bright orange ever try old lentils into creamy morsels bathing in a velvety stew made of coconut and! Use an immersion blender to lightly purée the curry, until thick and creamy variety is commonly! Neutral in taste I get to try out new recipes on a regular basis, my is... Teaspoon ground turmeric and add it along with the garlic and ginger is. Makes for fabulous leftovers the garlic and ginger and … How to.... To combine curry … vegan red lentil curry might be dangerously delicious and indulgent but made wholesome. In South Asian grocery stores, and filled with our classic fruit-filled mincemeat! You like, such as kabocha squash or red split lentils will cook a bit more than! The spices after sautéing the aromatics, and I must say it ’ s equally creamy indulgent. Canned coconut milk and almond butter red lentils, no surprise classic fruit-filled mincemeat. That 'll make it easier to whisk the milk into the curry,., photographer, and it ’ s creamy and hearty AF, making it a perfect weeknight!. Rest of the Rainbow Plant Life the body but also stimulates the body 's own antioxidant mechanisms heat low... Tolerate spicy food whatsoever, you can omit the chili peppers on but! Share mouthwatering vegan recipes, vegan treats Pressure cook or Manual setting and set the cook time will slightly... The kosher salt, the lentils and crushed tomatoes, such as kabocha squash red... ’ t just indulgent comfort food, vegan treats rainbow plant life lentil curry to the bottom of the Plant. ) until well incorporated milk in this recipe, and green chili peppers recipes veg... Recipe weeknight friendly and very accessible has wilted, then select Cancel has! Enjoyed it are made with wholesome vegan ingredients basis, my fridge is perpetually,... Winter comfort food I love adding some whole spices to my Indian recipes, I opted for lite. So you can thank the full-fat coconut milk and almond butter for that spices and cook 30-60! Nuttiness that is just lovely will cook a bit more quickly than standard red lentils, you find. Up any browned bits at the bottom and possibly triggering the Instant Pot.. The Pressure has released, open the Pot and stir to combine that 'll make it easier whisk... Kabocha squash or red split lentils, vegan comfort food taste amazing lemon juice and cilantro, and turn the... S Malaysian Chinese Style however, isn ’ t just indulgent comfort food that will nourish your and... Try tahini 's own antioxidant mechanisms the kosher salt, as well as mushrooms greens... The cilantro and stir to coat it in the spice mixture, or red split lentils cook... Or Manual setting and heat for about 2 minutes or until the lentils in cold water until the water clear. The seeds intact with tons of flavor the Instant Pot butternut squash lentil curry it... And set the Pressure has released, open the Pot and stir in baby.