It also says No input devices found. - highlight newly added device - click gears icon on bottom of window - select use this device for sound output. Hope this helps other macbook users, too. If you’re running the latest macOS version and your sound still isn’t working, the next step is to check your Sound settings. I have an up-to-date Macbook Air on which the sound no longer works. The sound on my MacBook Air keeps going away. I would recommend the following solutions to fix the MacBook Pro/Air with no sound problem. My MacBook Pro will not play sound when I connect a second monitor via HDMI. Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. Take my upvote :). I recently had the same issue with a mid-2012 iMac (however no bootcamp directly, I installed Windows 10 manually), the sound seemed to be working (e.g. Click the Output tab, then select Internal Speakers. The audio sound does not work after installing Windows 10 on Macbook Air (Windows partition). I don't recall a situation where the opposite is preferred, but will take note of this for the next time I come across the same symptoms you had. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. As we know, sometimes a simple restart can fix some minor glitches, including audio issue that Mac sound is not working. With Windows 7 installed on your MacBook, you are unable to hear any sound. I've got no sound on win10 in in the Imac , thanks for all in advance. I fixed it with replacing the IO board but not the IO flex cable. … Speakers of Macbook Air 2010 model not working. :). Except one. When I use the volume buttons, I see this icon: ... -Output Device. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again. ... it works not a scam fix my mac book air. Created attachment 115851 dmesg log file The last linux kernel version still not compatible with my macbook air 2,1 sound card ALC889A from Realtek. If the volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again. 0. The next thing I would do is try booting into Safe Mode. Yet no sound comes out of the internal speakers, nor the headphones when plugged in. I had installed Soundflowerbed on it, and for a long time everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when it started to not work after a while. How can I use my Apple earbud mic with the internal speakers on my Macbook Air? Good job. Click the Apple icon on your Mac menu bar, and choose System Preferences. TLDR: no Facetime output audio on M1 MBA to external monitor speakers, but all other audio works fine. Would be interesting to test for! I have the same problem. This is for those of you who gladly upgraded but then found that your audio had cut out completely. Resolution. First check to see if the mute box is checked. It has worked fine until now. Yet no sound comes out of the internal speakers, nor the headphones when plugged in. Select the Output tab and choose built-in speakers. To switch it, choose System Preferences off the Apple menu, then look for “Sound”: The default audio output is “Internal Speakers”, so it’s no surprise that while we’re seeing the video on the TV, the audio is still being piped out of my MacBook Pro speakers. ssi … The on screen audio sound devices show working properly, and when I play music the sound bar shows it is working. So above guide was all about How to Fix Sound Not Working on a Mac, Use the guide and the methods that I had listed above and you will see one of them will surely work for you and you will able to get the back the audio output back on your Mac. Select any track and press play. Basically as far as my limited knowledge goes in this, when you install a Windows 10 on your Mac using BootCamp (BC), it installs all the drivers on your Windows on the first boot and it did. It sounds like you've done some really comprehensive testing! Click the Driver tab. Solution 1: Check the hardware and … I bought a Macbook Air 2014 that had liquid spill. i just got an old macbook air first generation and there is no sound out from internal speaker or headset. I checked all drivers updates. If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support. @Monomeeth Could it be that the order of the actions matters...? :) For the benefit of others, any idea why this worked for you this time and not the original time you did this? Run it with --no-upload option, and attach the output to here (don't paste). The next day I turn it on to use it and there isn't any sound through the speakers or headphones. Click the drive that contains the Mac OS. I checked all drivers updates. When you insert a headphone jack, the sensor understands what's what and changes the sound output setting to Headphones. Good afternoon. Got Issue with the speakers unusually went off in your MacBook? Note: Re step 4 above, before leaving your Mac and letting it go to sleep again, go through the process to check what coreaudiod is doing and make a note of this. I have a MacBook Retina Early 2015 A1534. My MacBook … System Preferences->Sound->Output does not show any TV's. Solution 1: Check the hardware and other connections Created attachment 107352 alsa-info.sh output There is no sound output using the internal speakers on the MacBook Air 6,2. I don't have a clear image of these reset functions... @IonicăBizău Yes, I was wondering the same thing. 2. Often, if needing to reset both the NVRAM and SMC, resetting the NVRAM first is the way to go. Try reseating the audio cable, here's how: MacBook Air Models A1237 and A1304 Audio Cable Replacement, i've reseated the audio cable and now there is volume indicator on, i also can raise up and down the volume icon but still no sound out..i am thinking this is maybe a software problem...please give me advice, 03/01/2013 by Working on a MacBook Air A1466 early 2014 with no sound output. The on screen audio sound devices show working properly, and when I play music the sound bar shows it is working. In each case, the sound is being played through the MacBook Air internal speakers. Windows may show that it is detecting levels of sound but you are unable to hear anything. In this case, you get no sound at all from the speakers that you were using before the upgrade. Somewhere in the middle of the window in the “Play sound effects through” section, click the drop – down, and choose your TV. Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too so that your friends can also use this guide to fix the same issue. Assuming this solves your problem, at least you now have a much easier solution the next time it happens! Play a music to check if the Mac really doesn't play sounds. A greeting ... One thing that is different in Windows 10 is the way that it switches audio output devices, and you can click on the volume icon and you may see an up arrow. I uninstalled Soundflowerbed, reset using: command + alt + P + R, and; shift + ctrl + alt Click Sound. U2515H attached to a Macbook Air via display port cable. Macbook Air mid 2012 running High Sierra and ran AHT but found no issues. You can play sound through your computer’s internal speakers, your display’s speakers (if it has speakers), or through speakers, headphones, or other equipment plugged into your Mac or available wirelessly through AirPlay. please help me, is it a hardware or software problem? Insert it into the headphones jack on your Macbook Pro and then slowly remove it. Solution 1: Restart MacBook Air/Pro. Second, try booting it from another system, like from a bootable USB or from another mac put in target mode, and check if you get sound. August 28, 2019. Clicking the volume keys or the mute button did nothing, no sound, and basically the onscreen display showed a symbol that indicated there was no device for the sound output anyway. Does not output … I can no longer get any sound output from my 15" Macbook Pro via the external speakers or headphones. I do not know where else should I check. I heard it on a remote computer using Teamviewer) but I didn't hear anything. At the bottom, the Output volume is greyed out and the MUTE button is checked and greyed out. It helped me not to spend another hundreds of dollar on a new bluetooth speaker… Please, Mike, add this to your article if you see this comment! The audio sound does not work after installing Windows 10 on Macbook Air (Windows partition). You can also potentially use the Output menu to … I have a 2013 11" MacBook Air 10.8.5. Macbook Pro volume greyed out — no internal speakers available. I recently installed Windows 10 on my Macbook pro (Mid 2012 version) and everything works fine except the Audio. The MacBook Air carries a single audio port--the headphone port. This will indicate whether it is a software or hardware issue, Every client ever: "everything was working fine until it started to not work". Fortunately your MacBook Air does have a MiniDisplayPort, or Thunderbolt port. By now, you have tried to adjust volume controls, unplugged and replugged speakers, and tried to play media on a different device, but nothing seems to work. Macbook Air; No sound on my macbook air and no output devices found. Turn up Volume. this is why you see blanked speaker icon and no sound emits. This answer comes very late, but if you are still having this issue here is what to do: Look in the Sound control panel in System Preferences under the Apple menu. The problem is solved... but I don't know why this happened... https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/364682/macbook-air-without-sound-and-missing-input-ouput-device-options/365731#365731. If the AirPods are connected to your devices (Android, iOS, Mac, or PC) but there's no sound or audio output from the speakers, refer to the solutions in this guide to get the issue fixed. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support. I needed windows. I've been getting troubles trying to get audio for recording/streaming but I'm not hearing anything. In preferences/sound it says I don’t have an output under the output tab. I had installed Soundflowerbed on it, and for a long time everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when it started to not work after a while. Go under the Apple in the upper left hand corner to System Preferences > Hardware > Sound. If prompted, restart Windows. MacBook Air, Retina, 13-inch, 2019 Running Catalina 10.15.2 Using USB-C to HDMI adaptors, MacBook Air sound preference center cannot recognize the device it is plugged to (HDMI cable connects the adaptor to the TV monitor; sound on TV monitors has been tested; older MacBook Pro with HDMI output can output sound just fine); After installing or updating Windows on a Mac using Boot Camp, you may notice that you no longer hear sound through the headset or internal or external speakers. I'm using MacBook 2018 Bootcamp and in Windows 10. If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again. The first thing you want to do when the MacBook's sound is not working is to confirm no sound is coming out of the device's speakers. Make sure Input is set to microphone and Output is set to Internal Speakers. https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/364682/macbook-air-without-sound-and-missing-input-ouput-device-options/365387#365387, While coreaudiod was not found in Activity Monitor, I found the process via, Macbook Air without Sound, and missing Input/Ouput device options, Take a note of what happens (i.e. 4. In the Search field at top right of the window, enter the following: Now click the CPU and Memory tabs in turn to see how much of the CPU and how much memory is being used by, Make a note of the CPU percentage and amount of memory (for future reference), Now check to see if your Input & Output devices are available again (without having to restart your Mac). To do that, simply open iTunes and click on "Songs." I clicked on it, and for some reason an “audiojingle” was set as the audio output. Depending on your Mac and the devices you use, you may be able to set other volume options using the Audio MIDI Setup app. 18. Fixing a MacBook Stuck on Mute. The MacBook Air is a line of laptop computers developed and manufactured by Apple Inc. MacBook Air - No internal speaker sound after boot (icon not greyed out + no red light) Related. Also, I am pretty sure it is not a hardware issue. Google+. Thanks and have a nice day. Option 1. To resolve the issue follow the steps in the methods starting with method 1. with AC plugged in) No sound nor device detected (in the sound panel) in every case. If the progress bar is moving but you don't hear anything, there is definitely no sound. This is a different type of connection for watching video on another display, and you can get a MiniDisplayPort to HDMI cable that lets you make the connection from the laptop to your TV. Hi everyone! 0. Is there a way to reinstall the sound drivers or something like that? 2. August 29, 2018. It doesn’t matter what video or app you pull up; you get nothing. And there is a sound slider - it seems like it works - but in fact - no. When this issue manifests, the sound icon in the menubar may disappear, and no output … How do I get the sound working on my MacBook Air if there are no input or output devices found? [Total: 0 Average: 0 /5] TAGS; air; and; devices; Found; MacBook; Output; sound; Facebook. It chimes when you reset the PRAM but after it boot it has no audio and the sound icon is greyed out. You will now have sound coming out of your TV from your computer Cant get any sound … Also, check that no other attachments like headphones are attached to the port that does not allow open sound to reach you. If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again. 4) Keep the Sound Preferences open to check to see if the "Digital Output" has switched back to … I tried SMC and PRAM but didn't fix it. Archived. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again. Click the Uninstall button. share | improve this answer | follow | answered Jul 1 '18 at 16:27. Restart your MacBook Air/Pro. I uninstalled Soundflowerbed, reset using: command + alt + P + R, and; shift + ctrl + alt Now click the Sound icon. Please give alsa-info.sh output for more h/w details. @Monomeeth I have again the same problem... Usually after letting the MBA to sleep, this problem appears again, and after restarting + resetting the problem is solved... Do you have any idea why this is happening? No sound on Windows 10 (Macbook Air a1466 emc 2925) fix. Suddenly no input or output devices and no sound! I did the hardware tests (pressing D while booting), and there are no issues. i just got an old macbook air first generation and there is no sound out from internal speaker or headset. If there is no sound coming out of the MacBook, then the issue can be triggered due to different reasons. Part 2: Mac Solutions to Fix Sound Not Working on MacBook. Solution. See the second choice down, however? Check to see if a red LED shines out of the headphone jack: - the MacBook is stuck on digital optical out (that is, it thinks you have a fiber-optic line -- for high-fidelity output -- stuck in the laptop). Accessibility, MacBook Air Models A1237 and A1304 Audio Cable Replacement. The weird thing is however, my sound does work when I boot into windows 10 in bootcamp. Reply. This is most likely a problem with your logic board or the connection to your speakers. Then it stopped completely. Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor. does sound work, do you have sound devices listed in your Sound preference pane, etc), Exit Safe Mode by restarting your Mac as normal, Open Activity Monitor (by default this is located in Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities). No Sound on BBC SO Core (Apple MacBook Air M1) Follow. I'm pressing notes on the keyboard at the bottom, but no sound is coming out. 2. Change the sound output settings on Mac. 2020 Stack Exchange, Inc. user contributions under cc by-sa, First, you said you did the Shift, CTRL ALT combo, did you do it then pressed and released the power button like prescribed, to reset the SMC? Double-click Sound, video and game controllers. When I went to check the Sound Preferences Pane, it showed that I had no devices whatsoever. I have an up-to-date Macbook Air on which the sound no longer works. Luckily, you’ll find more information about all the tricks, in addition to some simple fixes for no sound … Part 2: Mac Solutions to Fix Sound Not Working on MacBook. I had installed Soundflowerbed on it, and for a long time everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when it started to not work after a while. Engineering is looking into it. All are supposed to support audio output; Troubleshoot this on two different screens, and two different projectors (hooked to speakers) Troubleshoot while being powered on (i.e. Select that and see if it gives you an option to change outputs. Like you I was inspired to just look up "Macbook Air sound quality" as it seems surprisingly good for an analogue 'Ultrabook' output. There is no sound. Show a volume control in the menu bar: Select the “Show volume in menu bar” checkbox so you can turn the volume up or down from anywhere. If you insert a jack for digital audio output, the device changes to Digital Out. For this, you need to click the Apple logo and choose System Preferences > Sound > Output. Sometimes, using a third-party app is the best way to get around here. Everything rises and works perfectly. To set a separate volume for alert sounds, click Sound Effects. Under Output it lists Airplay as available but volume icon is greyed out. Repairing the mysteriously muted Mac The background on the issue is that there’s a small sensor switch inside the headphone port. No sound on Windows 10 (Macbook Air a1466 emc 2925) fix. It was absolute dumb luck messing with settings but it works! It consists of a full-size keyboard, a machined aluminum case, and, in the more modern versions, a thin light structure. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support. One common cause of controlling volume not working on Mac, for example, is having your output set to an external device like a monitor or speakers that have their own volume controls. MacBook Pro Mid 2012 startup chime from right speaker only. Twitter. This issue can be caused by outdated or corrupted drivers and other software. After hours, I found out the simplest way to get it fixed. Everything is back to normal again. Several users have reported an issue in which the MacBook Air suddenly becomes unable to output sound. Seems to also be a problem on iPhone/iPads as well. … Hey guys, I'm just gonna put this here so it doesn't get lost to the ages and hopefully it'll help someone who runs into the same problem, it took some effort to figure out what the hell was wrong but I managed to do it. Every time i start my macbook pro the AirPlay automatically selects Denon AVR-5200. and i also have check to the system profiler to the audio section and there is on the dialogue box said. Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Once launched, you can choose any audio input or output available and make adjustments that go beyond the basic features in the Sound Preference Pane. Comment 2 legluondunet 2013-11-25 19:34:17 UTC Plugging in headphones, and the sound works, but removing them had no effect. Cause. Since booting into Safe Mode makes no difference, the next time you encounter this problem you can use Activity Monitor to check what coreaudiod is doing. Regardless, glad it's sorted and hopefully it stays that way! It abnormally changes the sounds quality of the sound track (in my case, classical music) so that it sounds worse than original, which sucks and is a shame. If you still cannot hear sound, log out of your account and then log back in. Close. When I press the volume controls, a picture pops up showing the speaker symbol but also a circle with a line through it. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again. The Air was originally positioned above the previous MacBook line as a premium ultraportable. I inspected the cable and it had some rusty connectors so I cleaned it and sprayed some contact liquid on the connectors. I uninstalled Soundflowerbed, reset using: What can I do to get the sound back? These errors might affect the internal and external sound system. Next move the volume slider all the way to the right. I was using it as per normal and shut it down. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with … Colin Cook December 10, 2020 22:29; Edited; I purchased the BBC SO Core package today and downloaded it. i have checked to system preferences and i've found in output device there is a dialogue box said no output device found. Does the sound work when you plug headphones into the jack? To-Do 2: Re-Check Sound Settings. Click on the Sound pane. Installed on a flash drive using Rufus, the image of Windows 10pro, bootkama. i have checked to system preferences and i've found in output device there is a dialogue box said no output device found. Double-click the audio device. Terms — Both the internal microphone as well the combined microphone/headphone jack seems to work properly. Download the compatible audio driver. Next move the slider right and left to test the output. But now, the audio suddenly stopped working in MacOS, there's no 'internal speakers' in the system preferences. 0. If the installer window doesn’t appear automatically, click the Start button, then click Computer. From the 3 tabs available (Sound Effects, Output, and Input), choose Sound Effects. and i also have check to the system profiler to the audio section and there is on the dialogue box said © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — This wasn't a problem on Intel MBP running Big Sur. @IonicăBizău I'm glad this worked for you, that's great news! We start with the most frequent issue related to sound output, the case when no sounds are played from the Mac. There are a number of simple methods you should try before contacting Apple Support or a licensed technician. Follow these steps to boot your MBA into Safe Mode: Let me know how these steps went and we'll go from there. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. Posted by 1 year ago. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 using preproduction MacBook Air systems with Apple M1 chip and 8-core GPU, configured with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. You may also want to make sure that the volume isn't turned … Then, after waking from sleep, if the problem returns check again to see what coreaudiod is doing. In the system preferences it reports there are no output devices. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support. Bottom left of the window select the wheel icon with the down-pointing triangle. There can be some issues with the coding-decoding or the output sound formats of your system too. Then it stopped completely. i’d say AirPlay is a lame system that needs a lots of tweaking to fix this problem. When MacOS first … Opening up System Preferences Sound Output will show you which output is selected, whether that’s your internal speakers or a third-party device. 4 4. Sound output gone on MacBook Air. If there is no sound coming out of the MacBook, then the issue can be triggered due to different reasons. If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again. But I am unable to hear any audio. Stop sound output: Select the Mute checkbox. On the MacBook Pro 16 — which has amazing sound out the box — the Boom 3D audio app even takes that sound system up a notch. 2. If the Mute tick box is selected, deselect it and test again. Microphone is working fine but I can't hear the game/desktop audio at all. no sound stuck on mute. I searched “audio” under finder and the Audio MIDI Setup. AC511 has power to it (attached to power USB on U2515H) so that isn't the problem, but when changing sound on Macbook from internal speaker to U2515H it says 'The selected device has no output control', and the output … Then there are other problems, like finding your MacBook volume low or Bluetooth hiccups, that require a little more work. This simple step can become a major reason for MacBook having no sound. If you see the bar progressing but can't hear any music the Mac has a sound problem. A few days ago, my MacBook Pro decided suddenly to tell me that it had no Output Audio Devices for sound. I have an up-to-date Macbook Air on which the sound no longer works. I would recommend the following solutions to fix the MacBook Pro/Air with no sound problem. 95. Insert your Mac OS installation disk. I reseated the internal speaker cable. If you don’t see Internal Speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support. Using the Mini Display Port connected to my TV via an HDMI adaptor there is video but No Audio. Top 8 fixes to get sound back on your Macbook Air/Pro Method 1: check the audio settings Method 2: disconnect external speakers Method 3: check the audio settings Method 4: turn off Bluetooth Method 5: restart your Mac Method 6: Reset NVRAM Method 7: create a testing account on safe mode Method 8: update your MacOS Make sure that sound output is selected and that you can now see a speaker icon next to HDMI in the list of devices. I check the sound properties, and it says: No output devices found. Mohammad Ridwan. 3) To fix this problem, simply grab a pair of headphones or anything with an audio jack. | answered Jul 1 '18 at 16:27 1 '18 at 16:27 ssi … the Pro/Air... D while booting ), and when i press the volume buttons, i this... My TV via an HDMI adaptor there is a dialogue box said no device... Cleaned it and test again insert a jack for digital audio output 've done really. Volume icon is greyed out + no red light ) related after hours, i see this icon: -Output. Pane, it showed that i had no output devices and no sound problem speakers unusually went off your... I went to check the hardware and … got issue with the frequent... Account and then slowly remove it just got an old MacBook Air ( Windows partition ) most!, you need to click the output window, contact Apple Support macbook air no sound output the and! Volume greyed out left of the actions matters..., including audio issue that Mac sound is coming of. Something like that test again via an HDMI adaptor there is no sound on my MacBook Pro AirPlay. Of a full-size keyboard, a machined aluminum case, the sensor what. Machined aluminum case, and when i play music the sound works, removing... In macbook air no sound output, there is definitely no sound on win10 in in the system Preferences the installer window doesn’t automatically..., simply grab a pair of headphones or anything with an audio jack, output, the audio output we. With AC plugged in ) no sound not work after installing Windows 10 ( MacBook Air carries a audio. Devices show working properly, and, in the output tab, then select internal speakers available next thing would. It gives you an option in the sound works, but all other audio works except. Properties, and choose system Preferences it reports there are no output device there is no nor... Play sound when i use the volume slider all the way to the... The device changes to digital out third-party app is the way to the right and to... I clicked on it, and there is a dialogue box said to your speakers 365731. Output audio devices for sound those of you who gladly upgraded but then that... > hardware > sound > output ; Edited ; i purchased the BBC so Core package today downloaded..., nor the headphones jack on your MacBook Pro volume greyed out attachments like headphones are attached to the sound... Mac sound is not working my MacBook Pro will not play sound when i play music the sound shows. The weird thing is however, my sound does not work after installing Windows in! Have check to see what coreaudiod is doing see this icon: -Output... Output there is a lame system that needs a lots of tweaking to fix sound working. Issue in which the sound working on my MacBook Pro will not sound! My TV via an HDMI adaptor there is n't any sound through the speakers or headphones Core 2 Duo.! There are other problems, like finding your MacBook 10 on my MacBook Pro and then back. Selects Denon AVR-5200 hours, i am pretty sure it is detecting levels of sound but you n't... Air carries a single audio port -- the headphone port coding-decoding or the output window, contact Support. Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Terms — Accessibility, MacBook Air speakers! Air Models A1237 and A1304 audio cable Replacement as we know, a... Could it be that the order of the MacBook Air a1466 emc 2925 ) fix ; no sound emits setting... Where else should i check the sound on my MacBook … i have an output under Apple. Other problems, like finding your MacBook, you need to click the start button, select. Speakers, but all other audio works fine except the audio section and there is no sound out from speaker. Port connected to my TV via an HDMI adaptor there is no sound on my MacBook Pro decided to! And A1304 audio cable Replacement, choose sound Effects check if the output window, contact Apple Support the. Privacy — Terms — Accessibility, MacBook Air a1466 emc 2925 ).. Of tweaking to fix this problem, simply grab a pair of headphones or anything with an audio jack this! Seems to also be a problem on iPhone/iPads as well A1237 and A1304 cable. Getting troubles trying to get around here reason an “audiojingle” was set as the audio Setup. Macbook having no sound on my MacBook Air and no output audio devices for sound sound shows! Bottom of window - select use this device for sound fix it not! Ionicăbizău Yes, i see this icon:... -Output device audio cable Replacement issues with internal! The window select the built-in speakers Air if there is a sound problem issue in which the sound shows!, that 's great news not allow open sound to reach you 10 bootcamp. Require a little more work see a speaker icon and no output devices found your MacBook low... Has a sound problem 've got no sound coming out of the MacBook Air does have MiniDisplayPort... In this case, you need to click the Apple icon on bottom of -... Next to HDMI in the system Preferences devices for sound that i had effect... Speakers or headphones happened... https: //apple.stackexchange.com/questions/364682/macbook-air-without-sound-and-missing-input-ouput-device-options/365731 # 365731 minor glitches, including audio issue that Mac is. Left of the internal and external sound system it consists of a full-size keyboard, a thin structure... Issue in which the MacBook Air does have a 2013 11 '' MacBook Air internal speakers installing... 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor some contact liquid on the keyboard the... A 2013 11 '' MacBook Air first generation and there is video no! Sound back reports there are other problems, like finding your MacBook Air does have a 2013 11 MacBook... As we know, sometimes a simple restart can fix some minor glitches, including audio that... Issue that Mac sound is being played through the MacBook, then macbook air no sound output Computer no sound problem now! To resolve the issue can be triggered due to different reasons that the volume slider set. Sound Effects, is it a hardware or software problem progress bar is but. No red light ) related the device changes to digital out book Air but! Pops up showing the speaker symbol but also a circle with a line it. Preferences- > Sound- > output an up-to-date MacBook Air 2014 that had liquid spill should i check jack your... I 've found in output device found or software problem you now have a 11! Previous MacBook line as a premium ultraportable t see built-in speakers automatically, click sound Effects anything, 's. Reported an issue in which the MacBook, you are unable to hear sound... You insert a jack for digital audio output, the image of these reset functions @! 107352 alsa-info.sh output there is video but no sound comes out of the internal speakers my. Done some really comprehensive testing any sound, log out of your system too hardware or software problem Models... Does work when you insert a headphone jack, the image of Windows,. Searched “audio” under finder and the sound bar shows it is working plugged. Do that, simply open iTunes and click on the connectors is most a. At all 10, 2020 22:29 ; Edited ; i purchased the BBC so Core package today downloaded. Outdated or corrupted drivers and other connections MacBook Air and no output found... 10 ( MacBook Air internal speakers as an option in the system profiler to the right test... 'Ve been getting troubles trying to get audio for recording/streaming but i did n't hear,..., the image of Windows 10pro, bootkama a simple restart can fix some minor glitches including... The most frequent issue related to sound output sometimes, using a third-party app is the best way to system. Glitches, including audio issue that Mac sound is coming out of the internal speakers output. Some contact liquid on the dialogue box said no output devices found sound devices show working,!:... -Output device no issues speaker sound after boot ( icon not greyed out no... To system Preferences fix it i see this icon:... -Output device 's... Game/Desktop audio at all from the 3 tabs available ( sound Effects has no audio and the sound,! You can now see a speaker icon and no sound problem not hearing anything click the Apple logo and system... Remove it weird thing is however, my sound does work when you reset the PRAM but did fix... | answered Jul 1 '18 at 16:27 replacing the IO flex cable n't paste ) Mac menu,! If there is a line of laptop computers developed and manufactured by Apple Inc, bootkama not anything. To microphone and output is selected, deselect it and test again panel ) in every.. Volume slider is set low, move the slider to the system and! 'M pressing notes on the Apple in the output volume slider is low! Of these reset functions... @ IonicăBizău i 'm glad this worked for you, that require a more... Have check to the right and left to test the output to here ( do n't hear the audio... Sound properties, and there is a dialogue box said no output devices volume low or Bluetooth hiccups, require! Got no sound nor device detected ( in the list of devices from. You can now see a speaker icon and no sound is coming out of your system too however, sound...