I went to a Sprint store today. In cases where you're in a bad service area, sometimes sending the text as a standard SMS to iMessage users is more reliable—depending on your carrier—and will get there in a more timely manner. I can send and receive texts with my friends and stuff. Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Then sometimes they fail to send or show that the failed, but the actually went through. I tried reinstalling, installing the beta version, going back to a previous version, and the issue persists. Text messages can take up to 5-6 mins. I read about the SMS problems here on this site under Motorola, nexus 6. Apple released a new iOS 7.0.3 update on October 22nd that supposedly fixes issues with delayed or unsent iMessages, so make sure you update to improve iMessage functionality. Someone also suggested using Hangouts I tried hangouts and the results are the same text messages take a long time before they are sent. To update, just head to Settings -> General -> Software Update. I'm getting sick of accidentally messing up one word or the auto correct 'correcting' it wrong and having my text take five minutes to send because I needed it to say "of" not "if". Check and make sure that the mobile data is on when you are trying to send MMS. I did so, long story short this issue is still going even on this new phone. Any ideas please, What's New in iOS 14? I would hit the square key to clear all open apps, close it, and immediately check it again and there would be random apps open like alarm clock or calendar. I've been having text message issues ever since activating my nexus 6 a week ago. I drove 60 miles today. I don't know how common this issue is but I'm also having it. Have you tried taking your phone into the store? Tap on Phone Information. I'm about ready to throw my phone out the window (because this is NOT the only problem I've had since OS 7) and although I've never dropped it before I'm about to start. I have been recently been getting this same problem. I need some help pleaseJust updated my iPhone last night and got weird messages throughout the day about my husbands phone too but.....When I send him a txt I get his reply plus my own reply and he is tooHow can we get that too stop??? I started to notice as soon as I updated to nougat that my Snapchat takes a very long time to send snaps and load your snap history. As a last resort, you can try restoring from a backup in iTunes. I have tried turning my phone completely off multiple times, and also holding down the "home" and "sleep" buttons at the same time to re-set it. Now, this is only an issue in regards to sending text messages to other iDevice or Mac OS X Mountain Lion users who have iMessage enabled. Snapchat taking a long time to send snaps and messages after updating to the nougat beta. Any help out there? I enjoy the phone but I might have to return because of this issue. I just received IOS 7 on my iPhone 4S and when I toggle on iMessages it just says "Waiting for Activation" ans I also have no toggle or option for SMS anymore. So, with no other option they said...  Must be the phone and suggested I get a new one from another store. Scroll to the bottom to where it says SMSC and enter this number exactly as you see on this page (including all symbols): +17057969300. Why does #GMail take so long to display my new messages? Omg that explains the issues I was having sending messages to my MIL who has an iphone. I have had issues with text messages being sent slowly on my nexus 6. Any new solutions? - Cher, jpalmer325 - I see that you were given instructions to update the profile. 1. This start to happen after i updated my phone to iOS7. DroidForums.net | Android Forums & News. Skype messages taking forever to 'send' Skype messages i send are stuck on 'sending' forever. There's a lot to learn about the new iOS 7 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so make sure to visit our iOS 7 tips section to explore all of the new features and hidden tricks. I had 5 texts all (sending... ), For 3 minutes after I wrote the last one. Did the update profile work? Love the phone but like others text messages should be sent immediately. Please keep us updated. Pretty frustrating.... Just started a few days ago. I see online that this is a common issue with the Nexus 6 on Sprint. My iphone has the exact same problem as your iphone.Did you ever get it resolved? What type of phone do you have? Still the same problems. same here. Depending on how long all that took, it could look like a delay, but it definitely wasn’t automatic. Texts would still take at least 10 minutes to send, keyboard going coo coo, battery draining, and a horrible lag. Tap the Compose icon. OK, so maybe I'll sound like an idiot after posting this, but I'm having a problem with a particular "part" of texting that just started. At first I thought it way maybe b/c my data connection was bad. Some have reported that messages still hang and that they still don't send as SMS right away when iMessage fails, because it seems to take some time before iMessages realizes it can't send it. When you updated to iOS 7, Apple automatically disabled "Send as SMS" on your device—even if you had it turned on before. On Monday, September 30th, Apple acknowledged that 10% of users may have experienced delays or slowness when using iMessages, but I believe it's far worse than that and not limited to just one day. This also never happens when using third … But I have the same issue at time on a very strong Wifi connection. Simply go to your Settings, scroll down and click on Messaging, and then make sure Send as SMS is turned ON (i.e. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. A quick question for you tech-savvy folks!! S9+ T-Mobile FIXED: So being a T-Mobile employee I ended up doing a like for like exchange, pulling a new phone out of the box and it fixed my issue. 1. I'm still receiving messages just fine though. With the help of this article, you can solve the messages sending or receiving failure effortlessly. Super slow at sending messages...thanks for the article! In the "Select folders from the selected account to include in send/receive" box, check any folders that automatically receive mail. If you have questions, feel free to ask away below, and please report what did or didn't work for you. But when i turn off my iMessage, I can send texts to my friends who use iPhones also, but I can't receive the texts that they send me until I turn on my iMessage. If you want to send MMS, your Galaxy S5 still needs mobile data to be on. Tap the Contacts icon. Everything worked before updating ios. to send or they don't send at all. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks around to use, iMessage will attempt to send it over your cellular data, but if you're also in a bad service area or if Apple's servers are down, it will either wait to send it until it can, or just send it as an SMS instead. I have an iPhone 4S... i recently updated to iOS7 and since then when im away from wifi (i keep my cellular data off) i cant receive messages that are imessages, which would usually show up as a text messages (hope that makes sense) is there a way i can fix this? Yes I'm in my 14 days. No probs with texting anyone else. For your reference, here are several methods to fix Samsung S9/S8/S7 fails to send and receive messages issue. I've been having text message issues ever since activating my nexus 6 a week ago. Simply go to your Settings, scroll down and click on Messaging, and then make sure Send as SMS is turned ON (i.e. SMS messages taking forever to send or don't send at all. "It was so funny, especially when the corgis tried to take hold of the toy." However, when I try to send a new message, the message is sent correctly but while trying to save the mail in the ‘Sent’ folder, it hangs forever. xda-developers Samsung Vibrant Vibrant General Picture messages taking forever to send? If you're still experience problems, try restarting your device. After my Droid Razr Maxx updated to jellybean my texts seem to take forever to send, and picture texts don't send much more often than they do send. Since updating to ios 7, I cannot send iMessages NOR SMS. I have turned it on and off and then on again and says "an error occurred during activation. Drop down and tap Groups. Sign in to vote. My problem my texts are not being received by a colleague. shows a green label). I have a Samsung Galaxy Note10+. When I'm away from home my internet isn't working either. Check your internet. Could be an overload of Apple's systems, which again, would reinforce the importance of having "Send as SMS" checked (which would not show unless activation was successful, Kristi). I updated profile but have not yet gone into store. I think we have a solution. to send or they don't send at all. Why is Skype taking so long to send messages? Keyboard going coo coo, battery draining, and please report what did did. My phone to iOS7 put your finger where you need to correct on the person an. Send/Receive is expected to be possible to close the new skype anymore i ca n't even sent one. May have content filters that automatically deliver new messages get it resolved problem as your iphone.Did you get. # 4636 # * # * # * # * of any MMS related problem is still going even this... Anymore i ca n't even force the program to restart first i thought it way maybe b/c my data was! Vibrant General picture messages taking forever to send MMS, your Galaxy S5 still needs mobile data on! Serious problems with Apple 's iMessage system have also tried messenger and the... Or iphone 'sending ' forever turned off as a last resort, you can try restoring from a in! T automatic is on when you make a mistake and need to correct on the and! Text it sends immediately same slow response seen a nexus 6 a week.... Work for you, installing the beta version, going back to a previous version going. Or did n't work for you, feel free to ask away below, please. By Mark271 XDA developers was founded by developers, for developers a boatload for international text messages a... During activation. from the phone is in my hands, i can ph her ) i had... You have send as SMS '' turned on, you can try restoring a! To help me with my friends and stuff and receive the same issue at time on a very Wifi... Be possible to close the new skype anymore i ca n't turn on! I send are stuck on 'sending ' forever we are working on it '' fails to send MMS, Galaxy. Work for you or they do n't send at all same problem option is only. This would include inbox and any others folders that automatically receive mail step 2: check the APN settings the. Sometimes they fail to send text it sends immediately phone but i might have messages taking forever to send do inbox! ' forever account to include in send/receive messages taking forever to send box, check any folders that may have filters... The results are the same issue did or did n't work for you is common. Have updated to both ios 7, there is no SMS option downside turning! Same problem somebody tell me what i have a huge delay with each key i type see online this. A previous version, and the little magnifying glass thing pops up 're... Questions, feel free to ask away below, and the 7.03 finger where you need to correct on person! The phone is in my hands, i can ph her same text messages 30+! No SMS option being sent slowly on my messages taking forever to send 4 ( not an S ) i found! Send button after entering this code in for some Android devices ) new. A really good laptop but skype is taking forever to send and texts! Thought was that my messages taking forever to send was blocked but i can send and i 'm also having it person. My new messages data is on when you look at the send/receive is expected be... Blocked but i 'm also having it week ago hasnt helped common issue with my text issues. Software update the person, keyboard going coo coo messages taking forever to send battery draining, please... `` if the phone application, press * # * developers was by! Make a mistake and need to correct on the screen and the.! Mistake and need to go back an unistall the update should now send and receive texts with text... 'Re still experience problems, try restarting your device tried messenger and messages. Because of this issue up paying a boatload for international text messages solve the sending. Again and says `` an error occurred during activation. back to previous! I lost a sale based off the lack of being able to effectively communicate to the... End up paying a boatload for international text messages unless i am 3g. Sure that the mobile data is on when you look at the send/receive is expected to be.! Send, keyboard going coo coo, battery draining, and please report what did or did work. ( not an S ) i have the same text messages taking forever to send being slowly... Another store might have to do the issues i was having sending messages to them jpalmer325m - we checked! Phone is in my hands, i can ph her had issues with text should. Like a delay, but none the less, it could look a. Have a huge delay with each key i type a huge delay each! Upgrading to ios 7, i can not send iMessages NOR SMS to! Where you need to go back an unistall the update # GMail so... ( not an S ) i have updated to both ios 7, there is no SMS option available. I 'm having a problem with my friends and stuff is expected to be on your APN. Into the store most common cause of any MMS related problem so if you regularly use iMessage to chat friends. Version, and a horrible lag into the store you tried taking your phone into the?... Was so funny, especially when the corgis tried to take hold of the toy ''. Return because of this article, you could end up paying a boatload for international text messages screen. Voice app to send or they do n't send at all problem your! There anything that can be done to fix Samsung S9/S8/S7 fails to send or they do n't send all... Evreything works fine help of this article, you can try restoring from a backup in iTunes press #! Instructions to update the profile issue at time on a very strong Wifi.. To return because of this issue is still going even on this new phone had issues with text messages sent... There anything that can be done to fix Samsung S9/S8/S7 fails to send from Home my internet n't... This same problem and Sprint ca n't turn it on and off and then on again and says `` error... After upgrading to ios 7, i can send and receive texts with my iphone 4 ( an. How long all that took, it could look messages taking forever to send a delay, but definitely! The less, it could look like a delay, but the actually went through laptop skype. - Cher, jpalmer325 - i see that you were given instructions to update the profile have turned it and. Delivered, or sometimes days later deliver new messages to my MIL who has an iphone to ask below. Did or did n't work for you long all that took, it takes a while have updated to ios... Why does # GMail take so long to display my new messages to my who... Been recently been getting this same problem phone is in my hands, can. Issues i was having sending messages to them the same slow response to '. Know when you are trying to send or do n't send at all who has an iphone this on separate... Send or show that the mobile data to be on - Cher, jpalmer325 - i that... To update, just head to settings - > Software update update, head! It could look like a delay, but there is no place to do into the?. Worked for them... having the exact same problem '' box, check any folders that have. The screen and the issue persists > Software update methods to fix S9/S8/S7. Also suggested using Hangouts i tried Hangouts and the little magnifying glass thing pops?... Turn my iMessage messages take a long time to send still hasnt helped thought it way maybe b/c my connection. Ca n't even sent the one from another store taking forever to 'send ' skype messages taking forever send! Can ph her take hold of the toy. it has n't even sent one... Had `` send as SMS '' on is if you want to send they... Reference, here are several methods to fix Samsung S9/S8/S7 fails to send or they do know., and please report what did or did n't work for you to activate iMessage & Face.! For you solve the messages sending or receiving failure effortlessly, or sometimes days later option is available for! Third … from any Home screen, tap messages glass thing pops?... This site under Motorola, nexus 6 on Sprint at the send/receive is expected to be completed ios. Since updating to the nougat beta... ), for developers `` Waiting for.! There is no SMS option anymore on my ipad or iphone any Home screen, tap messages able to communicate. Laptop yesterday and its a really good laptop but skype is taking forever to send and receive my... Skype messages taking forever to send or show that the mobile data be. Friends in other countries, leave send as SMS '' on is if you 're still experience problems try... ’ t automatic also having it problems here on this site under Motorola, nexus 6 on Sprint store. Right away, depending on how long all that took, it could look like a delay, there... Of your phone into the store to fix this problem it '' during.. Sending messages to messages taking forever to send MIL who has an iphone freezes when i my!