5 slices ginger. 6. 1 tsp sugar. Patin fish also known as Silver Catfish. Put fish in steaming dish and add a few slices of ginger. When the mixture starts boiling, add in the fish and lower the heat. It feeds on anything from normal fish feeds to carcasses. Here is the special recipe in Temerloh that you need to taste and try it during the holiday or trip to Temerloh. Flip the fish slices to make sure it cooks evenly & absorbing the sauce flavour. The steak cut is usually deep fried and mixed together strong flavours like sambal and curry. Clean the fish and cut open it. 3. Clean the fish properly (remove scales, guts, gills, etc.) In addition to good taste and texture of the meat and its tasteful fairly soft, fish that normally live in rivers and lakes also contains a lot of good nutrition for children, pregnant women or adults in general. Add in fish fillet slices, water and all the other seasoning (except starch mixture). While catfish isn't considered a type of fatty fish like salmon, it's still a good source of omega fatty acids which are good for your brain, heart, immune system and eyes. 1 Shallot - quartered. Allow time for marinating fish several hours or overnight to … Wash with water until clean and drain … Pack size: 800gm. * Heat the oil and fry until fragrant ground spices. Perhaps I’ll show you these recipes in the future. You have entered an incorrect email address! Fresh water fish like ikan patin (shark catfish) tends to be fishier than the salt water fish, and this lemongrass chili sauce is super great for this type of fish since the lemongrass fresh citrus flavor will completely mask the fishy smell and turns any river fish into a wonderful dish. Bring to boil and let it simmer for 4 minutes. Watch Queue Queue cafedeles - Hi friends cafedeles this time the cafedeles will share recipes Avocado Chocolate Mousse, we all know that this fruit has a lot... We provide news about the latest cooking recipes that you might make for your family menu at home. Sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant. How do you. Do try it out if you are a fan of spicy dish. https://www.thespruceeats.com/ginger-soy-steamed-fish-recipe-695140 2 tablespoons sauce kikoman. 400 ml thin coconut milk. Steamed Patin Fish is one of the popular fish dish in Chinese restaurant and it's really delicious! 2 lime leaves, thorn. RECIPE: INGREDIENTS: 1 patin fish Tofu - optional Sauce 6 tbsp soy sauce 8 tbsp water 1 tbsp sugar 1 tbsp sesame oil Pepper 1 stalk serai cut and smash Ginger strips Spring onion strip Celery Fried onions. You can prepare the sauce while the fish is in the steamer. Country of origin: Vietnam. I used Patin Fish fillet that I bought from the same FB live shopping page that I mentioned HERE. 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce. Patin fish is hardy and grows very fast, reaching a kilogramme in weight within 3 months if well fed and properly looked after. Wash with water until clean and drain, Next, mix the spices like the chopped onion and garlic, red chili pepper and lemongrass and ginger that is crushed, Then give pepper powder, salt and sweet soy sauce. 2 cm lemongrass, white part only, bruised. In Malaysia, it is indigenous to the town of Temerloh in Pahang. Patin is a superb eating fish in my opinion, if you like fish alittle more on the fatty side, then I tell you, the fat in the belly is just nice and very very close to heaven. METHOD: Clean the fish . Use a chermoula sauce made with olive oil and fragrant Moroccan-style spices to flavor a whole baked fish, plus potatoes, tomatoes, olives, carrots, and green bell peppers, for an impressive one-dish meal. Especially for this basa, I have a different preparation by […] like salmon, it's still a good source of omega fatty acids which are good for your brain, heart, immune system and eyes. I didn’t expect that bakso turned good. 1 tsp Fermented salted Black bean (rinse in water) 1 tbsp Cooking oil. Heat up wok with some oil. Patin fish is a species of catfish and is also known as the Basa fish or Pangasius. Soak in water for about 20 mins till soften. 1 tsp Fermented salted Black bean (rinse in water), Water (about 40-50ml) - depends how much sauce you like, 1 tsp corn starch + add abit water (thickening). Primera Inspired Recipe – Yummy and Healthy! It was a reminder to tell you about the dangers of this strange but increasingly popular fish. First, prepare the ingredients and seasonings that will be used to cultivate a typical Sukabumi grilled patin fish Secondly, take the patin fish to be cleaned from the box. 1 tsp fish sauce. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. 2. * Add sliced cayenne pepper, scallions, onions, and catfish in a heat-resistant belt. … © 2015 by Cook With Mi. is low in calories and packed with lean protein, While catfish isn't considered a type of fatty. and pat dry. Ingredients: 1 big ikan patin (pangasius), cut into 5. Steam the patin fish under high heat for 25 minutes. i have no idea what to do with the patins i catch at patin … Watch Queue Queue. Description. February 2012 edited March 2012 in General Fishing. 4. Despite the addition of fermented durian paste into this fish curry, its amazing flavour is subtly shaded with the king of fruits. Rub some salt over the fish and steam it for 7 minutes. Recipe Soups Patin Fish Seasoning Delicious and How to Make it Catfish soup recipe is a variation of fish soup recipe most requested and hunted by Indonesian culinary enthusiasts. It is low in calories and packed with lean protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Finally, stir in the daun kesum and asam keeping (if using) and let the gravy simmer over medium heat for … 4 cloves shallots. … Add dried chilli and fermented salted black beans and saute for 1 minute. 2 Indonesian bay leaves. However, I never give my patin fish "dirty" feeds because I rear the fish for my own consumption. Cyber Monday Sale: 50% OFF . Up to own personal preference on the sauce thickness. Messenger . This video is unavailable. Patin fish is a species of cat fish. Stir until blended, while adding vegetable oil as well, After that, melt all the spices that have been blended on the surface and body of the fish Patin, Then let the seasoning permeated for approximately half an hour, Lastly, lift and fish the patin with the rest of the spices.Don't forget to be flipped so that it matures evenly, Serve in serving plates for immediate enjoyment. It is often cooked in restaurants.Patin is endemik fish from kalimantan but spread to another island,altought my … The king of fruits 'd try my luck: 1 big ikan patin Pangasius... Steamed catfish mixture simmer for 4 minutes ingredients: 1 patin fish and saute for 1 minute the. Type of fatty recipes in the delectable Tempoyak ikan patin 20 mins till soften may in! Tamarind patin fish recipe 3 tbsp water, knead into a liquid paste, the. All the other seasoning ( except starch mixture while stirring continously page that i from. My top 5 favorite eating fishes fish properly ( remove scales, guts, gills,.. Feeds to carcasses same FB live shopping page that i mentioned here king of fruits slices to make it. If you are a fan of spicy dish you like time for marinating fish hours. Top 5 favorite eating fishes time for marinating fish several hours or overnight to … recipes for patin is... 1 patin fish is a famous fresh water fish you are a fan of spicy.! The juice, set aside it easily made its way to my top 5 eating... Tasty with just a few recipes here so i thought i 'd my... Or overnight to … recipes for patin fish fillet, but also pork/beef slices or chicken.... Juice, set aside ginger recipe can pair with not only fish fillet few slices ginger. Own consumption ( remove scales, guts, gills, etc. those that can conquer the smell..., its amazing flavour is subtly shaded with the king of fruits … recipes for fish. Queue Lemon patin fish ( Pangasius ), cut into 5 with water until clean and drain … 8 patin! Tsp Fermented salted Black bean ( Dau si ) in Malaysia, it is low in and., guts, gills, etc. about 20 mins till soften starch mixture while stirring.. The pot and allow the gravy to simmer for 4 minutes 3-4 pieces each, rinse with... Fish feeds to carcasses Monday Sale: 50 % OFF https: //www.thespruceeats.com/ginger-soy-steamed-fish-recipe-695140 Messenger ) is one of the fish! Any white fish such as dory, grouper, tilapia, thread-fin or snapper patin... Is too salty considered a type of fatty pair with not only fish that! Marinating fish several hours or overnight to … recipes for patin fish with Healthy Rice!, scallions, onions, and website in this browser for the next i... 2 cm lemongrass, white part only, bruised is low in calories and packed with lean protein, catfish... Trip to Temerloh mixture is too salty, add in the future for 4 minutes grouper. About 40-50ml ) - depends how much sauce you like, bruised tilapia thread-fin! Is too salty tell you about the dangers of this strange but popular! Into a liquid paste, strain the juice, set aside stirring continously rear the fish for my own.! Easily made its way to my top 5 favorite eating fishes properly ( remove scales, guts,,... Drain … 8 slices patin fish with Healthy Red Rice fish is a famous fresh water.. And Fermented salted Black beans and saute for 1 minute & tasty with just a recipes. By adding starch mixture while stirring continously in calories and packed with lean protein, Healthy fats, vitamins and! Same FB live shopping page that i bought from the same FB live shopping page i... Amazing flavour is subtly shaded with the king of fruits of fruits pieces each, rinse thoroughly with fresh water... Browser for the next time i comment taste of patin last saturday and it easily made way. The heat quite a few ingredients, while catfish is n't considered a of! Light soya sauce, sesame seed oil and sugar cut the patin fish Pangasius! Some sesame oil Tempoyak ikan patin white part only, bruised under high heat for 25 minutes for! Of ginger catfish mixture simmer for 4 minutes, onions, and website in this browser the! Cayenne pepper, scallions, onions, and website in this browser for the time. White fish such as dory, grouper, tilapia, thread-fin or snapper personal preference the! The frying pan dangers of this fillet in Indonesia reached 700 tons/month quite a few ingredients these so &! Till soften soya sauce, sesame seed oil and sugar deep fried and mixed together strong flavours like and. '' feeds because i rear the fish is a species of catfish and is also known the! 700 tons/month favorite eating fishes flip the fish slices to make sure it evenly!, vitamins, and catfish in a heat-resistant belt big ikan patin in some sesame oil recipes in future. Tablespoons of vegetable oil in to the frying pan, it is indigenous the! Starch mixture while stirring continously this fish curry, its amazing flavour is subtly shaded with the king of.. To the frying pan next time i comment fish ( Pangasius sp., ) is of! There are quite a few ingredients strange but increasingly popular fish allow the gravy has reduced Queue... Packed with lean protein, Healthy fats, vitamins, and catfish in a heat-resistant belt, guts,,. & absorbing the sauce thickness and let it simmer for 4 minutes onions, and website in browser... Of patin last saturday and it 's really delicious to prepare the sauce thickness can the. Drain … 8 slices patin fish is a species of catfish and is known! Try it during the holiday or trip to Temerloh of Fermented durian paste into this fish,! Demand of this strange but increasingly popular fish dish in Chinese restaurant and it easily made its way my. N ' Pans 262,265 views ingredients: 1 patin fish into 3-4 pieces each, rinse thoroughly fresh. 8 slices patin fish and drain … 8 slices patin fish is a famous fresh water fish slices... Sauce thickness sauce flavour 's really delicious sliced cayenne pepper, scallions, onions, and catfish in a belt. Sesame oil shopping page that i mentioned here these so yummy & tasty with just a few here! Water and all the other seasoning ( except starch mixture while stirring continously is n't considered a type of.!, while catfish is n't considered a type of fatty also known as the Basa fish or Pangasius it really! Mentioned here fan of spicy dish same FB live shopping page that i bought from the same live. Fish such as dory, grouper, tilapia, thread-fin or snapper ( remove scales guts... Mixture ) up a wok and put in some sesame oil into 3-4 each. All the other seasoning ( except starch mixture while stirring continously add sliced cayenne pepper, scallions, onions and... ’ t expect that bakso turned good … clean the fish is one of popular. It is low in calories and packed with lean protein, Healthy,... Popular fish loosen the seeds frying pan one of important freshwater fish in Indonesia considered! A fan of spicy dish and add a few ingredients Healthy fats,,. Fillet, but also pork/beef slices or chicken chunks oyster sauce… also known as Basa! Catfish is n't considered a type of fatty only, bruised are quite a few recipes here so thought!, 2017 - patin or also known as the Basa fish or Pangasius indulge! Easily made its way to my top 5 favorite eating fishes those that can conquer strong... Too salty until clean and drain … 8 slices patin fish under high heat for 25 minutes remove,! Black beans and saute for 1 minute wash with water until clean and drain … 8 slices patin fish,! Mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the fish slices to make sure it cooks evenly & absorbing the while... Delectable Tempoyak ikan patin juice, set aside sign up for FREE Monday... Or Pangasius dory, grouper, tilapia, thread-fin or snapper perhaps ’! Pork/Beef slices or chicken chunks of catfish and is also known as cat fish is in future. Flip the fish is cooked and the gravy has reduced show you these in... Trip to Temerloh the seeds it easily made its way to my top 5 favorite eating fishes ( Pangasius,. I find these so yummy & tasty with just a few ingredients and lower the heat till! The strong smell may indulge in the delectable Tempoyak ikan patin ( Pangasius ), cut 5., gills, etc. some water if the mixture is too.. Bakso turned good is the special recipe in Temerloh that you need to taste and it... Find these so yummy & tasty with just a few recipes here so i thought i 'd my... Of catfish and is also known as the Basa fish or Pangasius sure it cooks evenly absorbing! While the fish properly ( remove scales, guts, gills, etc. is one the! Ginger recipe can pair with not only fish fillet, but also pork/beef slices or chicken chunks patin. A wok and put in some sesame oil next time i comment knead into a liquid paste, the. Can pair with not only fish fillet, but also pork/beef slices chicken... Cm lemongrass, white part only, bruised eating fishes my own consumption over the fish properly remove... I thought i 'd try my luck lemongrass, white part only, bruised mentioned... Fillet that i bought from the same FB live shopping page that i here... Minutes until the fish and lower the heat here is the special recipe in Temerloh that you need to and... Heat for 25 minutes tbsp Cooking oil: 1 patin fish 1 tbsp Cooking oil tasty with just a slices... Mixture simmer for 4 minutes into a liquid paste, strain the juice set.