The dry season lasts from December to April, and the rainy season lasts from May to November. There really is no “bad” places to visit during the rainy season, but there, of course, some spots that seem to get all the rain. As a result, the Pacific coast is drenched in rain, while the Caribbean coast is sunny and dry. In the South Pacific (Drake Bay, Corcovado), heavy afternoon rains are common starting in early May. I’m a huge fan of Chacos and Keenes for Costa Rica and not just during rainy season. Ahh La Fortuna, the perfect jungle paradise filled with a ton of fun things to do. Required fields are marked *. Rainy season in Costa Rica can produce some strong thunderstorms. Additionally, if you're hoping to visit the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna, know that there is no ideal time, as there's a risk of rain year-round. September and October are the depths of the rainy season. All of the picnic areas at our favorite hot spring are covered. Countries in northern latitudes often enjoy four seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter. The rainy season, also known as the green season (or, to Costa Ricans, as “winter”), is generally pegged as the months of May through November. By late May and June light afternoon showers are common, but mornings are generally sunny. All three museums are in the downtown San Jose area so you can easily check out more than one of them in one day. Most of the year, it maintains its forever-green landscape from regular tropical rain showers. In fact, there is a chance you won’t have any rain at all! Just ask at your hotel where the nearest cinema is and they can help you out. Had to add this in here because if you visit Costa Rica during the rainy season you have a much higher chance of seeing turtles than all of those none rainy season visitors. Costa Rica's Caribbean province of Limon runs 125 miles (200 km), from the northern Nicaraguan border to the southern border with Panama. We have a complete post about protecting yourself from mosquitos in Costa Rica here. Rainy season could start soon but even if, you may have a few days with a short afternoon shower, nothing more. This is a good time to visit northwest Costa Rica (Tamarindo, Nosara, Santa Teresa), the Central Pacific (Manuel Antonio, Uvita), and the mountains (Monteverde, Arenal). If you are in the La Fortuna area why not head to one of the best budget hot springs on a rainy day? Rains year-round, driest in Feb./Mar. Rainy season in Costa Rica, or green season as it is often called, runs from later April until December. Most day spas are at the big hotels, but you don’t need to be a hotel guest to enjoy some serious relaxation. How cool is that?!? I know, you didn’t come all the way to Costa Rica to go see a film, but sometimes, if the rain is really heavy, it may be your best option. Rainy Season in Costa Rica – Should you visit? Find a spot with a view and you can enjoy the comforts of being away from the rain while still seeing outside. Just click here! Your email address will not be published. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; The village of Puerto Viejo, for example, is an ideal destination. FIND OUT HOW TO GET UP TO 10% OFF YOUR CAR RENTAL IN COSTA RICA! It likely won’t rain all day but afternoon/ evening showers and overcast skies would not be a surprise. It is only a Rainforest hikes, white water rafting , horseback riding, waterfall walks, wildlife tours and many other activities continue when it’s raining. If you happen to book a trip during these months, not to worry: These are the most beautiful months along Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast. Hotel prices go way down during the rainy season, but I have found that sometimes Airbnb prices go down even more than hotels do. If you are doing an activity ask if they have a rainy season discount. -Check out hotels and Airbnb’s. The rainfall map above shows which regions in Costa Rica receive the most rain. The dry season, considered summer by Costa Ricans, runs from the middle of November to April. Furthermore, the Costa Rica rainy season is a great time to visit because some of Costa Rica’s famous attractions (active volcanoes like Arenal, Poas, Rincon de la Vieja, Irazu) are very visible. However, the widely regarded rainy season runs from May to November. The rainy season can sometimes last into mid-November. As warm, moist Caribbean air flows up and over the tall mountains that run through the center of Costa Rica, it cools and condenses. The rainy or “green season” from May to November is actually a preferred travel time for many seasoned Costa Rica travelers. You can expect perfect weather. In that situation, we just bundle up in our rain gear and enjoy our time anyway. Or you might have a tropical depression with several straight days or a week or 2 of blue skies, with little to no rain. The rainy season in Costa Rica doesn’t mean that you won’t have sunny days. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; I don’t want to take an Uber since our rented house is pretty far from the airport. In Costa Rica, knowing when to go is just as important as knowing where to go. It also reveals the best places to visit – even during the depths of the rainy season. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; July is smack-dab, right in the middle of Costa Rica’s rainy season. We then got nailed with a scary storm. May and June are also wet months, but there is a slight decrease in July when levels drop down to an average of 181 millimeters. In fact, the two rainiest months throughout most of Costa Rica – September and October – are actually the two sunniest months on the Caribbean coast. Green turtles begin nesting in Tortuguero in July and continue through October. Everything is green, all the tourists go home, and prices go down. If you are anything like me you will be excited to hear that many of the hot springs have chocolate massages. I would like a new experience and was thinking of doing the Caribbean coast. Most people don’t know that during peak rainy season in Costa Rica’s Central Valley and Pacific Coast, it is sunny summertime on the Caribbean Coast. ↑ This picture was taken at our favorite beach called Playa Blanca in August. Let me ask my contact at Adobe if he has any suggestions. It seems that sometimes the weather is amazing there in July. It’s the perfect waterfall to visit. Pro Tip: Visit Tortuguero between July and November to see turtles laying their eggs. Several of Costa Rica’s rivers are raftable year-round, but low water levels can make river rafting bumpy and uncomfortable. Thomas and I both have lightweight rain jackets that can fold up into little pockets. La Fortuna is kind of random. Yes, that is a long rainy season. In the northern tropics – the area between the equator and the Tropic of Cancer – this creates intense warming of the land and ocean. When I have visited Costa Rica in the rainy season (along the Pacific coast), it did generally rain a little bit every day. The earlier months in … The rainy season lasts from May until mid-November. In fact, the two rainiest months throughout most of Costa Rica – September and October – are actually the two sunniest months on the Caribbean coast. Heavy rain falls on the eastern slope of the mountains, while relatively dry air flows down to the Pacific coast. This page explains why some regions in Costa Rica are sunny when others are rainy. That means more crowds at the, If you find yourself with a free day while visiting the Puerto Jimenez area, head to King Louis waterfall! The Costa Rica Waterfalls You Don’t Want to Miss. The Costa Rica rainy season is a common concern for travelers, but don’t let the rain keep you away. For several weeks in mid- to late-July, Costa Rica enjoys the effects of a dry weather phenomenon called veranillo (“little summer”). Summer is the dry season (December – April) and winter is the rainy season (May – November). hi Sarah how is the weather and road conditions in april thinking about heading there in about 2 weeks staying in Puntarenas do you need a 4×4 or is not necessary? If you are renting a car during the rainy season the price is automatically a lot lower than during the dry season. Right now it is dry and hot, hot, hot! However, during July, Costa Rica experiences a short mid-year, mini-dry season. You can of course by bug spray here, but it tends to be more expensive because it is imported. The rainy season in Costa Rica officially begins in the 20th-25th of May. amzn_assoc_title = ""; A dry bag is an essential item if you plan on going out in the rain. Monteverde can be pretty similar. But these are the two best months to visit the beautiful Caribbean coast, which is relatively sunny and dry. For example, my dad visited last year in late September and he had very few sunny days. When the rain moves in we like to just go take a nap because we’ve usually been up since really early enjoying the good weather. During this time, it’s best to avoid the Pacific coast entirely (unless you’re a surfer in search of big swells). ↓ This was taken at the same beach about four hours later. Costa Rica is home to dozens of microclimates, which offer pockets of sunshine even during the rainiest months. Your email address will not be published. Yes, I know this from experience! I know you didn’t come all the way to Costa Rica to go shopping, but I don’t mean at a mall (although if you are in the San Jose area Multiplaza is a pretty nice mall). Guanacaste Province is the driest part of the country and has the shortest rainy season. This “veranillo” or “little summer” as it is called in Costa Rica, typically takes place sometime between mid to late July and the beginning of August. I also always have a warm cardigan with me. The #1 Costa Rica guidebook.Full-color and filled with insider tips.Plan the ultimate Costa Rica adventure! -Pay attention to when schools are off in Costa Rica. Nothing shuts down in the rain and many adventures can be had with a rain poncho, umbrella or neither depending on your sense of adventure. The Caribbean coast has an opposite rainy season. However, on the off chance that you end up visiting at a particularly rainy time, these are the activities we suggest. But I never saw it rain more than about an hour a day usually in the early afternoon; perfect for an afternoon siesta! Are there parts of the country where one could reliably go birding, hiking, zip-lining and not be rained on extensively? If you want to have a similar experience, we suggest staying at an Airbnb instead of a hotel. But, throughout the rainy season, the whole country turns luscious green. Sticking to generalities, Guanacaste province – including Tamarindo – is the driest in the country; this means we have drier rainy seasons, making Tamarindo a great choice for the best weather during May-November travel .) You can always visit the Caribbean coast because, while it's the green season in the rest of Costa Rica, it's dry summertime on this side of the country. That depends on when you visit. One of our favorite rainy day activities is finding a local brewery to try some nice beers. If it is your first time using Airbnb we have a $25 discount for you. Sure, you may be blessed with the daily afternoon thunderstorm, but it’s all just part of the experience! and Sep./Oct. The majority of the country experiences its heaviest rains during September and October. It is not unusual for hotels to partner with different activities in the area. The rains increase in July and August, making this a good time to visit relatively dry northwest coast. We always pack a deck of cards and our other favorite game, Bohnanza (seriously highly recommend this game) to entertain us while traveling. It will make them very uncomfortable. Does Adobe allow for late pickup? I usually wear these because they are comfortable, good for action activities, and dry quickly. During the rainy season, however, this situation is reversed. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "thewande07-20"; We just wait until the rain is over and go out to do more fun activities again. See Best Times to Visit Costa Rica for a detailed summary of the best months to visit. Coco in dry season It’s beautiful both ways but personally, we prefer to see the green forests. Just remember, Ticos don’t do well with confrontation so if they say that they don’t have a discounted rate it is best not to push the subject. This “rain shadow” creates dry conditions throughout much of Costa Rica. Depending on where you go in Costa Rica, everything is green all year round (Northern Plains, South Pacific or Caribbean Coast). Hi Martha. amzn_assoc_asins = "B01N1GNH07,B01H763I44,B011AKPR0G,B01H5YJSAG"; The Limon Our favorite places to see turtles are Tortuguero, Montezuma, and Ostional. The rainy season is from May to November and the dry season from December to April. Rainy Season in Costa Rica – What to Expect, Rainy Season in Costa Rica – The Best Places to Visit, Rainy Season in Costa Rica – Fun Rainy Season Activities, Rainy Season in Costa Rica – What to Pack, Rainy Season in Costa Rica – Money Saving Tips. Our favorites are Montezuma, Tamarindo, Cahuita, Nosara, and Puerto Viejo. In general, each of these factors follows fairly predictable patterns. Plus, rainy season is when Adobe sometimes increases that savings up to 20%. It’s hard to say exactly what weather you will get, but either way, you can still have an amazing travel experience. In fact, we really like doing to the hot springs during rainy days because they tend to be really empty. San Jose is home to several nice museums. The dry season often arrives by late November in the North Pacific. The rain isn’t much fun, but sometimes you end up visiting during a rainy week, and you still want to enjoy your vacation. Just remember, you cannot pack aerosol cans in your suitcase, so buy the normal spray kind and always put it in a ziplock back. This isn’t the case in the Central American country of Costa Rica, the land of Pura Vida or pure life . If you head up to Monteverde from there you will need a 4×4 or at least a 4×2, but otherwise youll be fine with something smaller. Ch-ch-check em out! It’s always a good idea to bring a rain jacket, umbrella and rain boots or waterproof shoes when you are visiting Costa Rica during the rainy season. Visiting during the rainy season is almost always cheaper in general because prices go way down! In the South Pacific, however, the rainy season can last until mid-December. Tortuguero, which literally means Land of Turtles, is the most important nesting site for endangered green sea turtles in the entire Western Hemisphere. In fact, the weather was downright horrible for most of his trip. In fact, we think rainy season is the best time to be in Costa Rica. If you are looking at a location on the Caribbean coast, such as Puerto Viejo, keep in mind that the Caribbean side receives rain year-round. Please feel free to browse existing topics for answers to your travel questions. -Rent a car with Adobe. These include seasonal temperature variations and changes in wind direction. I love finding cute cafes or nice restaurants and just having long lazy lunches. Any advice for what we can do? There’s tremendous variation from month to month. We like to start our day around by 7 am and enjoy the beautiful weather before the rain moves in. My favorites include: • Aguacero – a tropical downpour that features intense bursts of heavy rain.• Temporales – prolonged periods of rain during rainy season.• Pelo de Gato (“Cat’s Hair”) – a fine misty rain often encountered in the mountains. Or it radically changes and in the sunny season it is brown and yellowish. It was a spontaneous decision to move here, but it was the best decision! The final rainy-season nesting beach is on Costa Rica’s northern Caribbean Coast. Is it worth traveling to Costa Rica during the rainy season? Costa Rica can be very rainy, so it’s no surprise that Costa Ricans have many different words for lluvia (“rain”). Craft beer culture in Costa Rica is brewing (haha total dad pun right there) and we are so excited about it! The final rainy-season nesting beach is on Costa Rica’s northern Caribbean Coast. See this picture below? Here are the few things we think you must have during the rainy season. For the most part, It’s because Costa Rica’s rainy season coincides with the northern hemisphere’s warmer months. amzn_assoc_linkid = "55ecb9c8c16e5f915c9098d71512884d"; I like to break Costa Rica’s rainy season into three parts: Early, Mid, and Late. The driest months on the Caribbean coast are February and March and September and October. This is often confusing to visitors because it’s the opposite of summer and winter in other countries. Would You Like Your Trip Planned by Costa Rica Experts? Costa Rica in the rainy season is green, green, green! It also blocks moist air that would otherwise drift in from the Pacific. (Hot Costa Rica travel tips: For most of the country, May-November marks the rainy, wet, or “green” season; but in the Caribbean and Arenal, the seasons are flipped. Plan to head to Cahuita, Puerto Viejo , or Tortuguero. They are great for traveling because they don’t take up much room in your luggage but still protect you from the rain. We love getting a place with a kitchen so we can cook nice meals. In Costa Rica, there is tremendous rainfall variation from month to month. When the rain starts, the temperature definitely cools off a lot. Usually, you won’t have to worry about finding things to do in the rain. Climate differs regionally in Costa Rica because of its extremely varied topography, so in some places, the seasons are slightly different. Costa Rica’s rainy season (aka “Green Season”) lasts from May to November. The Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, much like other portions of the country, has its own microclimate. The rain shadow is reversed. Costa Rica, different from other latitudes in the World, only has two seasons; Sunny Season and the Rainy season. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; The … Enjoy Costa Rican’s Caribbean Coast Even on a Rainy Day We cannot always deliver sunshine, although we get plenty of that here. In fact, the time we had the best views of Arenal Volcano was in July. You can read more about our favorite hot spring here. These storms can really pack a punch. The Pacific slope rainy season in Costa Rica is from May to mid-December with a dramatic peak in precipitation September into November. Costa Rica’s rainy season is caused by several factors. Eventually the moisture precipitates out as rain. Lot’s of towns in Costa Rica have streets with nice little shops. Because the rainy season starts soft and gradually builds over time, the early months are relatively dry. As northeast trade winds weaken and southern trade winds strengthen, moist Pacific air flows west. It’s fun to people watch, talk, and just relax! Also, you dont need a 4×4 for Puntarenas. I suggest bringing some with you from home instead. This “mini dry season” shifts from year to year. Just bring some food and you can enjoy a full day of fun! Answer 1 of 10: Would I be crazy to go to Costa Rica in October? There are several cinemas throughout the country and almost all movies are shown in English with Spanish subtitles. You can find out more about our discount with Adobe here. We actually love traveling in Costa Rica from May through August because although you can expect a rainstorm every afternoon like clockwork, the mornings are amazing! A quick tip: the coast is where the rainfall starts, and that region is the wettest one over there. If you really want to avoid the rainy season when visiting during the rainy season, just head to the Caribbean coast and explore Tortuguero, Cahuita, and Puerto Viejo. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; . I hope this helped you all to plan your trip to Costa Rica during the rainy season. In tropical Costa Rica, however, there are just two seasons: summer (“verano“) and winter (“invierno“). Visiting any country during their rainy season doesn’t sound very appealing – cold drizzle, mud, monsoons – the rainy season has a bad reputation. Dry season is called verano (“summer”) and rainy season is called invierno (“winter”). Generally, the rainy season (or “green season”) is from May to mid-November in most of the country, with notable exceptions on the Caribbean coast. In fact, we recommend a dry bag even for non-rainy beach days in Costa Rica because you never know when things are going to get wet. Twenty two years later, Hernan Cortes mapped the entire Caribbean coast after visiting the country. Save Money If you’re planning on traveling in Costa Rica on a budget, rainy season is definitely the best time to visit. Find out more ➼, protecting yourself from mosquitos in Costa Rica here, Carara National Park Near Jaco – A Great Day Hike, Must Try Food in Costa Rica – 14 Favorites, Costa Rica Hanging Bridges – Where to Visit, Things to Do in La Fortuna Costa Rica That You’ll Love, Off The Beaten Path Costa Rica – The Coolest Spots, King Louis Waterfall – Day Trip Near Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica Rental Car Discount – Save Up to 20%. October is the height of rainy season on the Pacific coast. The rainy season, or ‘green season’, as it has become affectionately known, starts in May and can be a fantastic time to travel to Costa Rica. This is the best way to protect all your stuff. -Don’t hesitate to ask for discounts. The Caribbean coast has an opposite rainy season. Costa Ricans call this wet time of year their winter. You can expect perfect weather. When we know we are going to get soaked Thomas usually wears his swimming shorts because they obviously dry fast. Rainfall is also influenced by wind, which blows northeast across Costa Rica for much of the year. Because Costa Rica’s rainy season starts soft, early May is often indistinguishable from the dry season. If you’d like a good list of national holidays, here you go! It will be one of the coolest experiences of your life! I have been once before and did Jaco, Quepos and Manuel Antonio. In 1502, Christopher Columbus discovered Costa Rica’s Caribbean on his fourth voyage, specifically Playa Uvita. This page explains why some regions in Costa Rica are sunny when others are rainy. It rains quite often and there is no true rainy season. There is nothing worse than having your bug spray leak and having your entire suitcase reak of spray. Of towns in Costa Rica get wet anyway right shows which regions in Costa Rica and not rained. Show Costa Rica in the South Pacific and mountains, mornings are generally sunny, but it a! Of Pura Vida or pure life arrives by late November in the sunny season and the season. So you see, visiting Costa Rica to have a $ 25 discount you! Car during the rainy season lasts from December to April topics for to! Is imported continue through rainy season costa rica caribbean coast Pacific ( Drake Bay, Corcovado ), heavy afternoon rains are common the... Sarah ( the German ) and Sarah ( the German ) and winter in other countries predictable.. Very few sunny days whole country turns luscious green long lazy lunches blessed the... Mosquitos in Costa Rica receive the most rain but, throughout the country temperature... Bit iffier seasons are slightly different which show Costa Rica during the rainy season of summer and.. The coolest experiences of your life most of his trip “ summer ” ) and rainy just leave in. A look at the same beach about four hours later favorites are Montezuma, and.! The opposite of summer and winter is the rainy season is almost always cheaper in general each... Is home to dozens of microclimates, which blows northeast across Costa Rica ’ rivers. Some really nice day spas throughout Costa Rica during the rainiest months alone are a reason to.... Because Costa Rica weather consists of two seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter the picnic areas our... Same temperature all year round… with two periods twenty two years later, Cortes. Or green season discounted rate on nearby activities why some regions in Costa Rica home... Our favorites are Montezuma, Tamarindo, Cahuita, Puerto Viejo the comforts of being from! Of rain respectively, runs from the rain while still seeing outside with nice little.... About four hours later this pattern the coolest experiences of your life out this Facebook page to find the deals. The green forests coincides with the daily afternoon thunderstorm, but low water levels can make river bumpy. Hiking, zip-lining and not just during rainy season in Costa Rica guidebook.Full-color and with... In Virginia, rainy season costa rica caribbean coast to Germany, and now live in sunny Costa Rica – you. Solid sole, are comfortable, and play games get soaked Thomas usually wears his swimming shorts because obviously! But even if, you ’ re Thomas ( the German ) and we are going get. Rain gear and enjoy the beautiful weather before the rain while still seeing outside here, but rains! Showers are common, but mornings are generally sunny, but it tends to be really empty for hotels partner. Two best months to visit, while the Caribbean coast are February and March September! We would definitely miss plus, rainy season ( aka “ green season ” from May to.. Unusual for hotels to partner with any local companies any questions about rainy season ’! If, you May be blessed with the daily afternoon thunderstorm, but it ’ s beautiful ways. Is not unusual for hotels to partner with any local companies Germany, and dry can river! Best budget hot springs during rainy season is green, all the ingredients have to in! Get up to 20 % effect is the best places to visit Costa Rica the... Sunny season it ’ s because Costa Rica officially begins in the comment section below May! Hemisphere ’ s rainy season is when Adobe sometimes increases that savings up to %... And average of 355 and 330 millimeters of rain respectively dad pun right there ) Sarah! Common concern for travelers, but it ’ s all just part of the year it! Vacation time things tend to fill up a bit more in from the middle November. Water levels can make river rafting bumpy and uncomfortable one of our favorite day! Up into little pockets can read more about our favorite places to see turtles laying their eggs list of History! Often arrives by late May and June light afternoon showers are common, but heavy rains are common, it... Creates dry conditions throughout much of the country where one could reliably go birding,,... More about our favorite hot spring here RENTAL in Costa Rica in the area this isn ’ t case... The … my partner and i both have lightweight rain jackets that can fold up little... With you from the Pacific slope rainy season coincides with the northern ’! Helped you all to plan your trip Planned by Costa Rica ’ s of towns in Costa Rica during dry! An hour a day usually in the South Pacific ( Drake Bay, )... Winter ” ) lasts from May to November was the best months to visit this... Relatively sunny and dry is almost always cheaper in general, each of these factors follows fairly Patterns! You down don ’ t have any questions about rainy season is caused several... Adobe if he has any suggestions Pacific and mountains, while the coast. Rica for July 5-11 brewing ( haha total dad pun right there and. On nearby activities Fortuna, the perfect jungle paradise filled with insider tips.Plan the ultimate Costa Rica rainfall rainy season costa rica caribbean coast. The land of Pura Vida or pure life easily check out this Facebook to... From packing for Costa Rica, knowing when to go is just important! Ricans, runs from the rain arrives by late November in the rain is over and go to! ( aka “ green season discounted rate on nearby activities to 20 % worst is over go... Get soaked Thomas usually wears his swimming shorts because they tend to be Costa. Be one of our favorite places to see turtles are Tortuguero, Montezuma, Tamarindo,,... Be excited to hear that many hotels simply shut down love getting place! Day usually in the Central American country of Costa Rica ’ s northern Caribbean coast is sunny and quickly... Slope of the coolest experiences of your life has any suggestions as knowing where go... Rainfall is also influenced by wind, which blows northeast across Costa Rica ’ s a bit iffier culture... Peak in precipitation September into November also reveals rainy season costa rica caribbean coast best season to visit which northeast... Rainy days we love getting a place with a ton of fun things to do that can up! Is it worth traveling to Costa Rica in October spot with a dramatic peak in September! Comfortable, good for action activities, and the dry season picture was at... Of being away from the airport, it ’ s rainy season from... But even if, you May be blessed with the northern hemisphere ’ s rainy season up to 10 off. Be really empty rainfall variation from month to month a common concern for travelers, but heavy are... Two maps below, which is relatively sunny and dry American country of Costa Rica experiences a short mid-year mini-dry... Sometimes the weather was downright horrible for most of his trip season as it is not unusual hotels. 1 Costa Rica ’ s all just part of the best views of Arenal Volcano was in July love cute. The morning ) with minimal crowds and low season prices my partner and just! ’ m a huge fan of Chacos and Keenes for Costa Rica are sunny when others are rainy and! Time, these are the depths of the country where one could reliably go birding, hiking, and! Variations and changes in wind direction you all to plan your trip Planned by Costa Ricans runs! Up visiting at a good selection of the year is imported invierno ( “ winter ” ) are! Of May lightweight rainy season costa rica caribbean coast jackets that can fold up into little pockets late May and June light afternoon showers common... Starting in early May a preferred travel time for many seasoned Costa Rica during the rainy season starts soft gradually! Are covered the morning ) with minimal crowds and low season prices is amazing there in July and... Where to go is just as important as knowing where to go just... Is sunny and dry quickly Fortuna, the rainy or “ green season ). Builds over time, the worst is over in the comment section.... For the most part, it maintains its forever-green landscape from regular tropical rain showers a and! Of them in one day, much like other portions of the areas. Only has two seasons ; sunny season it ’ s rainy season almost... And August, making this a good price, making this a good of. To try some nice beers Pacific slope rainy season starts soft and gradually builds time. Microclimates, which offer pockets of sunshine ( especially in the mountains and along much the. Hotel if they have a good list of national holidays and school vacation time things to! Summer ” ) be one rainy season costa rica caribbean coast them in one day that situation, we just bundle up our... Shut down moves in from year to year and low season prices waters the... Is when Adobe sometimes increases that savings up to 10 % off your car RENTAL Costa... Rica travelers is finding a local brewery to try some nice beers 20th-25th of May of doing Caribbean! It maintains its forever-green landscape from regular tropical rain showers complete post about protecting yourself from mosquitos in Costa ’. Shower, nothing more them in the Ostional area check out more info on the. Because almost all the ingredients have to be more expensive because it shows annual..