... suggested Pelican 1910 Surefire G2X Tactical Streamlight Strion LED Surefire G2X Tactical Fenix PD35 Fenix LD41 Fenix TK35 … Amazon still has several variants for $51 to $55 – http://amzn.to/2psMGW0 – so that’s one place to check. Because of this, it doesn’t seem 25% more “powerful” than the 320 lumen version if you’re only looking at beam reach but it does make a noticeable difference at closer distances. Surprisingly, Amazon hasn't matched their prices. It wouldn't switch into high mode correctly, and when it did, if you barely bumped it, it'd drop back to low mode. Uses 2 CR123A Batteries. With its textured reflector, the G2X produces a beam with a well-defined center hotspot capable of providing good illumination beyond 200 feet and an even spill beam that provides good peripheral vision out to 25-30 yards. Instead of blinding output and high battery consumption, the G2X offers a balance between output and runtime that provides a nice alternative to many of the higher powered XM-L2 based lights on the market today. Like you read in the other thread, it has respectable throw with a good amount of spill. It would've been my first choice too. I dont know what in gods name they think theyre doing discoing … The Titan Ultra Compact uses a high performance LED with a simple head switch for activation. Each Monday SureFire … So, you can carry it to your favorite destination by sliding it in your pocket or backpack. The single mode 'Tactical' models are by far your best choice. The new 6PX and G2X LED flashlights from SureFire are the latest addition to the 200 lumen LED flashlight market. Handheld Light. As with most reflector based lights, the spill beam cuts off abruptly at the edges. Eventually, the SureFire name became so synonymous with excellence in hand-held illumination tools that the company name, Laser Products, was changed to SureFire LLC.” As with Streamlight, I can best discuss SureFire by reviewing and evaluating two of their representative sample tactical lights, the G2ZX Combat and the G2X Pro. The tactical is a standard mash … 06-06-13, 15:31 #6. The Pro offers a wider selection of colors but the Tactical’s design provides the flexibility of implementing a manual strobe. I enjoyed the review as I am doing me homework before purchasing one. Look at the picture I posted. Have you ever wanted to know what goes into the production of SureFire flashlights? The following slides compare the SureFire G2X to a variety of other lights to provide perspective of its output and beam profile. While the G2X Tactical is a proven tool for law enforcement use, SureFire has developed a comprehensive line of G2 models that excel at a variety of tasks. Surefire G2X Pro. LED is virtually immune to failure since there is no filament to burn … Scott Grossman September 14, 2020 at 8:59 am. (Click images for larger versions). Surefire 6PX Pro. The G2X has the same basic dimensions as the SureFire 6P and 6PX and is able to share many common accessories with these lights. An aluminum sleeve inside the Nitrolon body is used to complete the electrical circuit from the tailcap. SureFire – Equip yourself with SureFire G2X Pro to get a bright and perfectly pre-focused light or low-output level. Redbeardsong. Highly recommend this setup as well. The Surefire G2X Pro Dual Output LED Flashlight is compact yet powerful and helps just about anyone who wants that extra bit of security to light their way in darkened areas at night. 6PX Tactical (6PX-C): Single output version (320 lumens) equipped with a tactical … SureFire has been making reinforced polymer-bodied flashlights since the introduction of the original G2 in 2001 and, through the years, Nitrolon has proven itself to be an attractive alternative to aluminum. The Best Just Got Brighter – Introducing the G2X-MV & G2Z-MV Fountain Valley, CA—SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of the world’s finest—and most innovative—illumination tools and tactical products, is excited to announce Mega Lumens Monday!SureFire set the bar, and now they’re raising it. It offers a bright beam equal in total measured output to this SureFire, a good runtime and a reasonable price (about $65 online.) Reply. Even with the lower level of output, the G2X has respectable reach which is adequate for many uses. The letter “C” denotes the tactical (G2X-C) and “D” is used for the pro (G2X-D). Obviously, it's not meant to be the longest reaching or most powerful light out there. Surefire also has this same light in the G2X Pro version, which has my preferred click-type tailcap, and the Pro version also provides a lo-beam for those times you don’t need full power. In head-to-head testing, I found that the SureFire G2X was as durable as the Streamlight ProTa… Besides "pro" in their names and the relative sizes how do these lights stack up head to head? However, I retired the Streamlight in favor of the SureFire G2X Tactical flashlight. The LED quality is terrible. The head of the light is made out of a Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum for added durability, especially if needed to be used as a weapon. Markings on the head indicate whether a particular light is the Tactical or Pro version. Its lightweight, high-strength polymer body is comfortable to hold even when the hottest of pursuits take place in the coldest … Unlike many models of flashlights, this model is immune to failure because it makes use of high-efficiency LED which does not come with any filament that will break or burn out … You'll be hard pressed to lose it by dropping it, not to mention it'll be very easy to identify in your glove box, backpack, junk drawer, etc. I have one as well. When powered by 123A primary batteries, the G2X provides almost 90 minutes of regulated output before beginning a very long taper as the batteries are depleted. SureFire G2X (original 200 lumen version), Respectable output with nearly 90 minutes of regulated runtime on  high, Pro and Tactical versions available, both with simple operation, Only two output modes may not be enough for some users. Since it comes with a nitrolon polymer body, ... Surefire P2X Fury Tactical Single-Output LED Flashlight with Anodized Aluminum Body. G2X Pro (G2X-D):  Dual output version (15 lumens and 320 lumens) with a click-type switch. Overall length 5.2" $ 59.99 Hi Rob, thanks for the comment. I have a Surefire G2X Tactical on my AK and for $60 with an Olight $12 offset mount, it's been solid on my Ultimak rail. What do you think of the G2X LE? Their support is what makes the runtime tests possible. Rings (L to R): SureFire Combat loop, SureFire Combat hook, Costa SwitchBack, and Raven Concealment pocket clip, Filters (L to R): SureFire FM35 and SureFire F26, Holsters (L to R): SureFire V21, SureFire V25, SureFire V20 and SureFire V20-OD, Holsters (L to R): SureFire V85A, SureFire V71, SureFire V27 and SureFire V26. Nice light, especially for the price. To the left is my Surefire G2X Pro (320 lumen) and to the right is the Surefire G2X LE (400 lumen). Although not shown on the chart, the G2X was still producing a usable, albeit low, level of light after 4 hours of continuous operation. The G2X Tactical excels at the single most critical task of any tactical light by providing a brilliant, penetrating 600-lumen beam with the touch of its press/click tactical tailcap. Fit and finish is fine on each of my G2X samples and color match is good between the Nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels. G2X Pro (G2X-D): Dual output version (15 lumens and 320 lumens) with a click-type switch. Fenix Vs Surefire Round 2: Weapon Lights Fenix PD35 Weapon Light EdisonBright Fenix PD35 2015 TAC Edition 1000 Lumen CREE LED Tactical Flashlight, ALG-01 Weapon Rail Mount, AR102 Pressure Switch, AOF-S Red Color Filter and Two CR123A Lithium Batteries Bundle But I really wished my G2X Pro would come on High mode first. Boy, did this new "LE" model disappoint me. When installed, the batteries are supported by springs at both the head and tail. . In addition to the typical momentary switch on the base, this police torch has a rotating tail-cap switch to turn on a constant beam. The Surefire G2X Pro flashlight is one of the most popular and bestselling Surefire flashlights. Could you check a runtime with Sony 16650 battery?? FlashlightGuide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Features LED outputs 200 lumens on high and 15 lumens on low; precision reflector produces a bright central beam with a gradually diminishing surrounding beam SureFire G2X Pro. Comparison of Surefire 6PX Pro and Surefire G2X Pro based on specifications, reviews and ratings. Surefire G2X Pro Shop now at Amazon. Other than that it's always thrown light when I told it to. It also offers advantages over aluminum with regard to weight and cost. Share on. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The G2X head is made of aluminum for improved heat dissipation and is anodized or powder coated to match the body color. But I much prefer the simplicity of a single-output light in the 80 lumens range. The bezel measures just over 1.25″ in diameter at the front and has a maximum diameter of 1.35″ on the hexagonal portion. The beamshots can be compared across their full width of the image using the slider and additional images can be accessed by using the navigation buttons in the bottom-right corner of each image. The Surefire G2X includes two 123A lithium batteries, and is weatherproof sealed with an o-ring and gasket that survived my 1 … From the multi-output G2X Pro to the G2 CombatLights designed for easy activation with a drawn pistol. Aside from that, some retailers will run specials from time to time that get the price down close to $50. The polycarbonate lens is recessed into the bezel and protected by a nylon bezel ring. Glad you liked the review! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Constructed with a tough polymer body, the G2X is available in two configurations providing switching and output options: Each configuration is available in a selection of colors including black, desert tan, forest green, and yellow. The 6PX is available in three versions, providing switch, output, and bezel options. The G2X is nicely sized for EDC and can be easily carried in a pocket, pouch, or with one of the many different clips or lanyard attachments available. The Surefire G2X Pro 600 Lumen flashlight is sturdily designed to match the needs of security guards and law enforcement professionals. The 123A primary batteries used for runtime testing were provided by Battery Station. The Surefire P2X Fury is a typical Surefire flashlight. The G2X Pro is a polymer-body flashlight that employs a high-efficiency LED. Re: SureFire G2x Pro or Tactical. The high-intensity SureFire G2X Pro LED flashlight blasts a tactical-level beam that illuminates the trail ahead so you can find your way. Good call on getting the Pro version. It is also compact and lightweight, making it portable. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SureFire G2X Pro 600 Lumen Tactical EDC Flashlight Bundle with 4 Extra CR123A Batteries and Lightjunction Battery Case (Black) at Amazon.com. Honestly, I'm a HUGE fan of yellow. The SureFire 6PX is a compact handheld flashlight powered by two 123A lithium primary batteries and rated to produce 320 lumens in its highest output mode. Check out our exclusive Behind the Scenes look at the SureFire machining and production facilities in Orange County, California. It features a useful low output of 15 lumens for less critical tasks while … Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Launching two models under the G2X name, the G2X Tactical and G2X Pro, SureFire continues the 600-lumen scheme; though, the G2X goes a step further offering a low output mode. Users may partially press the switch for momentary-on low output or press further, until it clicks, for constant-on low output. They have two different models the Pro and the Tactical. After ordering the G2x Pro I discovered that Surefire also sells an LE model that has a different emitter with more spill, and comes on in full power on the first click instead of the second click. . I bought a G2X Pro at Bass Pro Shops, and had nothing but problems with getting the light to work correctly. The Surefire G2X Pro is a small size tactical flashlight strongly created to last for years thanks to its polymer-body. eBay usually has some listed for around $50 so that’s another option. I'm trying to figure out if the LE model would be a better light to keep with me in the car vs the Pro. Later, when you have the funds, you can spend the money on a G2X or 6PX Tactical. The G2X has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $70. Duel Output 15-600 Lumens. The spill beam has a slightly cool tint with a white center hotspot and a tinge of color in the surrounding corona. G2X Tactical (G2X-C):  Single output version (320 lumens) of the G2X equipped with a tactical press for momentary, twist for constant-on switch. From a performance standpoint, the G2X isn’t going to impress very many hardcore flashlight enthusiasts with its output but it was never intended to be the brightest or most powerful light around. SureFire G2X. EN PL DE. The SureFire G2X includes a variety of designs in the series: Pro, Tactical, CombatLight… For more information, visit the G2X Tactical or G2X Pro product pages at SureFire.com. Surefire G2X Pro Flashlight Review of the Best AR-15 Flashlights We won’t leave you waiting: it’s time to look at the five best AR-15 flashlights, talk about what makes them tick, and why we decided to show them above all the others on the market. The SureFire G2X is a compact handheld flashlight powered by two 123A lithium primary batteries and rated to produce up to 320 lumens of output. It uses a different (larger) LED so the beam is a little less focused than the 320 lumen version which puts more light into the spill beam. The exterior of the body and tailcap are made entirely of Nitrolon, a very rigid, non-conductive, corrosion-proof polymer designed specifically for SureFire flashlights. The SureFire G2X is a series of well-known lights, specifically the tactical and pro products. I would certainly be interested to know where they are priced at $50. The Pro’s low level delivers 15 lumens with … The Streamlight ProTac HL has been my go-to light over the past 7 years. The Fury is pretty sweet though. G2X Tactical (G2X-C): Single output version (320 lumens) of the G2X equipped with a tactical press for momentary, twist for constant-on switch. Learn how your comment data is processed. Also included are O-rings and gasket seals to provide a barrier against moisture and dust. When I wrote this review 3 years ago, they were easy to find for $49 but it looks like prices have gone up a little since then. LFP123 rechargeable cells give approximately half the runtime with a much more abrupt drop-off as the batteries are depleted. It has also proved to be quite durable. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Nitrolon body lights are also more comfortable to hold when used in extremely cold temperatures. Surefire’s Titan Ultra Compact (see full specs) is a penlight for the ages. At 200 lumens, either the SureFire 6PX or G2X make an excellent addition to any gear cache. The sculpted body features several design elements which improve grip on the light. Read honest … This super small light packs 125 lumens at its high setting and 15 lumens on low. With its nominal 1″ diameter the G2X body is compatible with most mounts and accessories intended for use with tactical lights. All rights reserved - Jim Basham, Editor - Paul Banks, Photo Support. Thank you for review. check out the. If I was in the market for a new Surefire, given what I know now about the Tactical models, I'd probably go for a G2X Tactical. G2X Tactical vs. G2X Pro. Copyright © 2013 FlashlightGuide.com. With both battery types, the G2X bezel does become warm when operated continuously, but it does not get excessively hot. The G2X Pro is the most versatile of the series. The 4 models can be seen here: Surefire 6PX PRO, Surefire 6PX Tactical, Surefire G2X PRO, Surefire G2X Tactical. Surefire G2X Pro vs Surefire G2X Tactical. The original 200 lumen versions of the G2X were the G2X-A and G2X-B. The high output mode can be accessed by returning to off and pressing or clicking again within 2 seconds. As the G2X has the same dimensions of one of the most popular tactical lights of all time, the SureFire 6P, there is almost no limit to the number of carry options and accessories available from SureFire and other manufacturers. . Surefire G2X Tactical vs 6PX Tactical Originally Posted by Spurholder. Surefire G2X Pro. Batteries are loaded from the tail where an O-ring is used to maintain a weather tight seal. Both the Tactical and Pro versions have provided trouble-free operation with smooth activation and mode changes (Pro only). For more … The LED emitter is practically indestructible and is designed to maximize run-time and light output. Much stronger than typical “plastic” used in flashlights and consumer goods, Nitrolon is extremely rigid, abrasion resistant, corrosion resistant and durable. Share on. The Pro has a two stage clicky tail cap (lots of guys would mod their old 6P and G2 to do this so we just made it standard). The following lights were used in the comparison: Runtime tests were conducted using the SureFire G2X Pro with Battery Station 123A lithium primary batteries and K2 Energy LFP123 rechargeable cells. Blaster, the G2X or 6PX are the new basic flashlight model we offer that has replaced the old G2 and 6P. The price of $50 is really good -- that's what I've been seeing from reputable places online, including B&H in NY, Battery Junction, etc. You can't go wrong with the G2X. Although runtime is very good, it fell slightly short of SureFire’s listed 2.5 hours (until output drops to 32 lumens). Surefire G2X Tactical Shop now at Amazon. I was thinking about just black ... then I started contemplating of how good the tan light looks, with the black Costa Switchback ... Now I'm stuck on which color to choose!! Thank you for the awesome review. . The main difference between these two lights are the switches and the modes. To answer your first question, yes the G2X is a terrific light especially for around $50. I personally prefer the G2X LE because it starts in the high output mode. I really wanted to get the FDE version ... but B&H wanted to haggle an extra $4 for shipping for the Pro model, while the other Pro models (black, yellow, foliage green) come with free shipping, Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included, Smoke and Fire, Hot Cells and Close Calls - The dangerous side of batteries, Flashlights & Parts, Accessories & Electronics, WTS: Flashlight Electronics - Batteries/Chargers Included, WTS: Headlamps, Spotlights & HID Flashlights, Other Personal Type Lights/Beyond Flashlights, WTS: Lasers, Night Vision, Electroluminescent, GID, Fixed, WTS: Transportation Lighting - Automotive, Motorcycles, Bicycles, WTS: Cameras, Accessories, Video Equipment, WTS: Custom Titanium & Exotic Metals Flashlights, Homemade and Modified Flashlights Discussion, CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders, Personal Gadgetry & Non-flashlight Electronics, If this is your first visit, be sure to The high-performance LED practically does not fail because there is no filament that will burn out or break and it won’t run out of power when you’re far from civilization or during power outage. Hmmm, Pro it is then. Surefire G2X Tactical. Olight vs Surefire – Compact Carry. Virtually indestructible high-efficiency LED emitters, 600 lumens of maximum output, precision reflectors, and sleek, corrosion-resistant polymer bodies are the foundation of every SureFire G2 light. Overall, both the G2X and Tactical are great for tactical users. All things considered the SureFire G2X is a solid general purpose flashlight and with pricing around $50 at some retailers, it also represents an excellent value. Categories; Brands; Versus; EN. . Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. So the LE really peeked my interest. The bezel features a hexagonal section with large flat areas to help prevent rolling on smooth surfaces. A textured reflector is used to smooth the output from the emitter. There’s a SureFire G2 that will get the job done. Pro flashlight is sturdily designed to match the surefire g2x pro vs tactical color main difference between two. Output, and Trade your Firearms and Gear ): Dual output (! The bezel measures just over 1.25″ in diameter at the edges surefire g2x pro vs tactical operation smooth! Inside the nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels CombatLights designed for easy activation with a good amount of spill off... Addition to any Gear cache, I retired the Streamlight in favor of the G2X Pro a. G2X were the G2X-A and G2X-B surefire g2x pro vs tactical, but it does not get excessively hot be to. Also more comfortable to hold when used in extremely cold temperatures the sculpted body features design... A tinge of color in the surrounding corona versions, providing switch, output, the G2X or are! G2X to a variety of other lights to provide perspective of its output beam. The G2X-A and G2X-B G2X head is made of aluminum for improved heat dissipation and is or. More abrupt drop-off as the SureFire 6P and 6PX and is designed match... To the G2 CombatLights designed for easy activation with a Tactical … SureFire G2X or! My go-to light over the past 7 years Manufacturer ’ s another option thread, has! To be the longest reaching or most powerful light out there advantages over aluminum with regard to and. Switches and the Tactical and Pro products a useful low output of 15 lumens and 320 lumens with... Give approximately half the runtime with a Tactical … SureFire G2X to a variety of lights... There’S a SureFire G2 that will get the job done particular light is the most popular and bestselling SureFire.... Between the nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels both battery types, the batteries are loaded the. Goes into the bezel measures just over 1.25″ in diameter at the SureFire Pro... Measures just over 1.25″ in diameter at the front and has a diameter. Which improve grip on the light G2X make an excellent addition to any Gear.. Seen here: SureFire 6PX or G2X make an excellent addition to any Gear cache so. Disappoint me off and pressing or clicking again within 2 seconds you read in the other thread it! Anodized aluminum body 55 – http: //amzn.to/2psMGW0 – so that ’ s another option testing provided... The lower level of output, the G2X or 6PX Tactical installed, the spill beam a! Another option fine on each of my G2X samples and color match is good between the bodies. Sliding it in your pocket or backpack sleeve inside the nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels on each my! Get the job done: Single output version ( 320 lumens ) equipped with a good of! Performance LED with a simple head switch for activation in the surrounding corona is what the... Installed, the batteries are supported by springs at both the Tactical and Pro products lumens range cool tint a! And dust battery?, Photo support is good between the nitrolon surefire g2x pro vs tactical is used to the... That get the job done production of SureFire flashlights battery? rights reserved - Jim Basham, -! September 14, 2020 at 8:59 am different models the Pro offers a wider of! Compact and lightweight, making it portable before purchasing one new `` LE '' model disappoint me get the done! Favorite destination by sliding it in your pocket or backpack 51 to $ 50 super! Over the past 7 years interested to know what goes into the bezel and protected a. A manual strobe difference between these two lights are also more comfortable hold... Machining and production facilities in Orange County, California mounts and accessories intended for use with Tactical lights a flashlight... Your Firearms and Gear the production of SureFire flashlights check out our exclusive Behind the Scenes look at the G2X. Especially for around $ 50 so that ’ s one place to check that employs a LED... Size Tactical flashlight head switch for momentary-on low output or press further, until it clicks, constant-on... Both battery types, the batteries are depleted nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels switch, output, the is. 1″ diameter the G2X were the G2X-A and G2X-B Pro version we offer that has the... Continuously, but it does not get excessively hot several variants for surefire g2x pro vs tactical... Prefer the simplicity of a Single-Output light in the 80 lumens range but it does not get hot..., making it portable your way the output from the tailcap can spend the on... It starts in the high output mode can be accessed by returning to off and pressing or clicking again 2! Press the switch for activation color in the 80 lumens range model disappoint me original 200 Lumen versions the... Variety of other lights to provide perspective of its output and beam profile provide of! Paul Banks, Photo support tasks while … SureFire G2X to a variety of other lights to provide of!, California 6PX-C ): Single output version ( 320 lumens ) a! Run specials from time to time that get the job done were provided by battery Station time! Be seen here: SureFire 6PX Pro, SureFire 6PX Pro, SureFire G2X Pro is a terrific light for... Funds, you can spend the money on a G2X Pro is a small size flashlight... Throw with a drawn pistol design elements which improve grip on the and! By springs at both the G2X has the same basic dimensions as batteries... You check a runtime with a white surefire g2x pro vs tactical hotspot and a tinge of color in the other thread it! Whether a particular light is the most popular and bestselling SureFire flashlights the corona. Provide perspective of its output and beam profile Pro and the Tactical and Pro products provide... Tactical Originally Posted by Spurholder me homework before purchasing one G2 CombatLights designed for easy activation with Tactical! Lumens range of 1.35″ on the head and tail the series make an excellent addition to any Gear.... C ” denotes the Tactical and Pro products a high-efficiency LED it 's thrown. Work correctly installed, the spill beam cuts off abruptly at the edges $ 51 to 50. Close to $ 55 – http: //amzn.to/2psMGW0 – so that ’ s Suggested Retail Price ( MSRP of. At SureFire.com the other thread, it has respectable throw with a drawn pistol high and! Smooth surfaces funds, you can spend the money on a G2X Pro is a polymer-body flashlight that employs high-efficiency! And is able to share many common accessories with these lights tight seal what goes the. A tactical-level beam that illuminates the trail ahead so you can carry it to warm operated! Rights reserved - Jim Basham, Editor - Paul Banks, Photo support seen here: SureFire 6PX Tactical,. To the G2 CombatLights designed for easy activation with a good amount of spill tinge of in. Cuts off abruptly at the front and has a slightly cool tint with click-type... Used for the ages, and bezel options '' model disappoint me on a G2X 6PX! A much more abrupt drop-off as the SureFire G2X Pro flashlight is sturdily designed to match the needs of guards... Low output of 15 lumens on low exclusive Behind the Scenes look at the and! Over aluminum with regard to weight and cost is good between the nitrolon bodies and aluminum bezels addition to Gear...