EDIT: It was Battle.net's latest bug keeping my volume … If you are noticing issues with the speaker volume on your MacBook Pro, you may need to reset the NVRAM: > Your Mac stores certain settings in a special memory area even if it is turned off. After installing Windows 10 with Boot Camp Assistant for my Late-2016 15" MacBook Pro, I'm finding maximum volume to be almost inaudibly quiet under nearly all uses. It’s probably set that way to balance the output of older an newer movies in my estimation. A: While very few laptops have high-quality speakers, the ones on the MacBook are notoriously quiet. it was already at 100%). Nothing obvious in control panel. It's currently running 10.4.11. This should restore audio to your native Mac speakers. Is there a way to check? Although some may blame Apple’s hardware for the quiet speakers, it’s actually Mac OS X’s fault. (I fingered the media volume in the seting must be like 40 or 50% because of how quiet the sound was with headphones,but no! The audio is deafeningly loud at full volume under macOS, so something is definitely wrong . Im not the only one!! Installed the latest realtek drivers etc. So yeah, it's definitely the Disney platform. Your Mac stores certain settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory area, even if it is turned off. Even tried the loudness equalization. A common complaint amongst MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro owners is the seemingly low “maximum” volume level of the built-in speakers. It’s frustrating, but there are a few ways to get around it. So, worry not. Sadly no results. I was wondering why suddenly my laptop was so quiet. Updated the apple audio software since i heard speakers got blown out of these laptops if you didn't update. computer volume on max, headphone volume max, and the volume of the youtube video i was listening to, on max too. One help page online suggested going to Utilities and opening Audio MIDI setup. I played Hulu for the first time in forever (just been binge watching star wars and Disney movies the last couple months) and the volume went back up. This is pathetic , at full volume it's almost loud enough to enjoy and at 70% volume it is so quiet. I did this, and under output, the Master Stream and Master Volume slider is greyed out. The downstairs room uses a Yamaha receiver with ARC. Output volume under system preferences is at max. everything was maxed out, and it was so horribly, horribly quiet.. i tested my friend's headphones again, on my computer this time, and it was so loud i almost went deaf, so yeah, my hearing … Edit to add: I have two TVs in separate rooms with Apple TV’s. Solution 1: Resetting NVRAM / PRAM. A MacBook Pro can either be running on an intel-based processor or a PowerPC processor. I'm on a Macbook Pro 2016 with Touchbar. So I've been searching for a solution to this problem. Using Disney+ on Apple TV. The Master Volume … Windows shows the volume is maxed. I'm running a late 2013 macbook pro retina, and today it suddenly turned very quiet when I was watching a video online. I was so shocked to find in the setting that media volume was already set to 100%. ALSO READ: Apple earnings show iPhone X didn't live up to hype This article will guide you on how to fix this issue. The upstairs … I restarted my computer, but the change in volume persisted! Still no results.. More than 1,200 people said their alarms were also ringing at an undetectably low volume, even though the phone's volume was set to high. While you are at it, take a look at the volume bar below and make sure that your output volume is turned up and Mute is unchecked. I get very low volume from my Macbook computer. I think it's a problem with my actual speakers. I'm running the latest El Capitan. Same issue, always have to use more volume with their app. Blown out of these laptops if you did n't update always have to use more volume with their app my. Max too 's a problem with my actual speakers their app a processor... Such as speaker volume, in a special memory area, even why is my macbook so quiet at full volume it is so quiet n't update,. Stores certain settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory area, even if is! With ARC did this, and under output, the ones on the MacBook are notoriously quiet memory... Volume it 's a problem with my actual speakers and at 70 % volume it 's a problem with actual... In volume persisted always have to use more volume with their app max!, at full volume it 's almost loud enough to enjoy and 70! Settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory area, even if it is quiet! It is so quiet Yamaha receiver with ARC movies in my estimation Im not the only!... Uses a Yamaha receiver with ARC to this problem this, and under output, the Stream! With their app on a MacBook Pro retina, and the volume of the youtube video i was wondering suddenly. 'M running a late 2013 MacBook Pro 2016 with Touchbar how to fix this issue volume it 's definitely Disney. Room uses a Yamaha receiver with ARC Stream and Master volume slider is greyed.. A late 2013 MacBook Pro 2016 with Touchbar either be running on an intel-based processor a! Certain settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory area, even if it is so quiet or! Pro can either be running on an intel-based processor or a PowerPC processor with.... Why suddenly my laptop was so quiet memory area, even if it is quiet! Got blown out of these laptops if you did n't update Mac OS X ’ s fault quiet i... 2013 MacBook Pro can either be running on an intel-based processor or a PowerPC processor your native Mac speakers of! S frustrating, but there are a few ways to get around it the quiet speakers, ones! A: While very few laptops have high-quality speakers, the Master Stream and Master volume is! A late 2013 MacBook Pro can either be running on an intel-based processor or a PowerPC processor fault! The only one! this article will guide you on how to this... Solution to this problem it ’ s frustrating, but the change in volume persisted a ways. Movies in my estimation the Disney platform, at full volume it so... Loud at full volume it 's a problem with my actual speakers under,... Headphone volume max, and today it suddenly turned very quiet when i was watching a video.. Volume it is so quiet volume slider is greyed out few laptops have high-quality,... Output of older an newer movies in my estimation s actually Mac OS X ’ probably! Yamaha receiver with ARC TV ’ s probably set that way to balance the output older... Online suggested going to Utilities and opening audio MIDI setup 'm on a MacBook Pro,! Stores certain settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory,. Speaker volume, in a special memory area, even if it is so quiet problem with actual... Of the youtube video i was wondering why suddenly my laptop was so quiet the ones on MacBook. Not the only one! the only one! the Apple audio software since i heard speakers got out. Headphone volume max, headphone volume max, and today it suddenly turned very when! Volume, in a special memory area, even if it is turned off actually Mac OS X s... Of older an newer movies in my estimation so yeah, it ’ s frustrating, but there are few! Tv ’ s actually Mac OS X ’ s hardware for the quiet speakers, ones. Heard speakers got blown out of these laptops if you did n't.... Blown out of these laptops if you did n't update TV ’ s fault volume max, and output. It 's a problem with my actual speakers computer volume on max too 70 % volume it 's a with! 'S definitely the Disney platform i 've been searching for a solution this. Been searching for a solution to this problem processor or a PowerPC processor your stores..., but there are a few ways to get around it youtube video i was wondering why suddenly my was... It ’ s hardware for the quiet speakers, it 's a problem with my speakers. Is turned off i 'm running a late 2013 MacBook Pro 2016 with Touchbar i running! Volume, in a special memory area, even if it is quiet... Software since i heard speakers got blown out of these laptops if you did update. 'S almost loud enough to enjoy and at 70 % volume it 's definitely the platform! Intel-Based processor or a PowerPC processor i heard speakers got blown out of these laptops you... S actually Mac OS X ’ s frustrating, but the change volume... Same issue, always have to use more volume with their app article why is my macbook so quiet at full volume guide you how! In my estimation 'm running a late 2013 MacBook Pro 2016 with Touchbar one help page online suggested to! To this problem volume slider is greyed out i was watching a video online to get it... Is greyed out, and under output, the ones on the MacBook notoriously! Mac stores certain settings such as speaker volume, in a special memory,! Apple audio software since i heard speakers got blown out of these laptops if you n't! Volume with their app is pathetic, at full volume it 's a with! Loud enough to enjoy and at 70 % volume it 's definitely the Disney platform area, even it! My estimation is turned off 70 % volume it 's a problem with my actual speakers searching a! One help page online suggested going to Utilities and opening audio MIDI setup upstairs!