I'll take you on a moonlight ride. Runnin' Down a Dream is a 2007 documentary film about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, directed by Peter Bogdanovich.The 4-hour documentary chronicles the history of the band, from its inception as Mudcrutch, right up to the 30th-anniversary concert in Petty's home town of Gainesville, Florida, on September 21, 2006, at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center, University of Florida. He’s playing with us?’ So I went over and said hi, and I kind of introduced myself — or reintroduced myself. It's Good To Be King. We were all asked to play ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ as a tribute to George, and we were joined by Jeff Lynne, Stevie Winwood, and George’s son, Dhani, along with a few other guys. He was poised to begin the band’s 40th anniversary tour, which was destined to be a celebration of Petty’s legacy and a testimony to the Heartbreakers’ long-lived chemistry. Just play dumb, whatever you know. You don't know how it feels to be me They’d come up to me and say, ‘Love Is The Drug’ is too fast. on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad) "You Don't Know How It Feels". “So then we kind of ran through it again, and Prince played it a bit to familiarize himself, he didn’t go full-out or anything. My old man was born to rock You don't know how it feels Let me run with you tonight. Ferrone was in a joking mood. You don't know how it feels to be me (Chorus) I'll be the boy in the corduroy pants. It’s top secret.’ I thought, ‘Wow, it must be something big. Tom Petty’s Last Rolling Stone Interview In his only sit-down interview on his final tour, he talked loving the Heartbreakers, hating “Zombie Zoo” and why he was having so much fun onstage “Let’s talk about every moment playing with The Heartbreakers,” he countered. “My girlfriend asked what I wanted to do, and I told her that I really enjoyed making the album with Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers. There's someone I used to see You Don't Know How It Feels. “This is one of those performances that sort of grew in importance after we did it. Tom Petty was one of many musicians my parents introduced me to. Steve Winwood was sitting next to me and he said, ‘Hey, there’s Prince!’, “I was like, ‘Oh, my God. He almost seemed puzzled by the question. It was a historic moment and the summer tour season’s hottest ticket. Prince came out to play the big solo, and it was like he was doing the whole thing for us in the band. And you don't know how it feels "I Will Run to You" is a song by the American singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks, with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, from her second solo album The Wild Heart (1983). There’s a hell of a lot of energy that goes into everything we do. Then came the morning of October 3. But she don't give a damn for me. I did that and we hung out, and that was that. That’s got to be messing with your head.’ At first I didn’t let it get to me, but then I thought, ‘Wow, if I screw up in front of a billion people, I’ll never work again!’ It’s not like some club show. He said, ‘Oh, we can’t tell you. “We had rehearsed the thing into the ground. album: "Wildflowers" (1994) Wildflowers. No one told us anything about it, to my knowledge. 35 on the U.S. That inspired me to free up the concept. Let's head on down the road We rehearsed for a few days in Los Angeles, and then we went to New York to do the show. “We were all stunned. After ending the run with a triumphant three-day stand at The Hollywood Bowl, Petty announced it would be their last major tour — but reassured that they’d still play in concert. I’ve done all these records and tours with them, and they still treat me like I just got there.”. “To tell you the truth, I didn’t know Prince was going to be playing with us. We had a great week preparing for the show, and all during this time people would come up to me — ‘It’s going to be a billion people watching you. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. I woke up in between “This was back in 2004. Visit Steve Ferrone’s website at steveferrone.com. I do not own the song or album picture. I said, ‘Hey, you’re right.’ It was a bit sad, but it also helped me. 3:08. You don't know how it feels to be me There's someone I used to see. Billboard Top Tracks chart. It’s a pretty big deal. Okay.’ So I went out, and as I’m walking into this studio I saw Kenny Aronoff’s drum kit being taken out. We did some stuff that week and a little bit into the next week, and a short while later I got a call to come back out and do a little more recording. This was for the Wildflowers album. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers "Running Man's Bible": You're with me tonight on this dark highway We've run it together So many times We've run it for... Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Running Man's Bible Lyrics | AZLyrics.com We rehearsed for a few days in Los Angeles, and they like! Heartbreakers in eight years again — that was that something big was funny because. York to do the recording with them, and that made all the and. Second single from his first solo album Full Moon Fever! Music by! Booker, who asked about my availability for the following week issue: Ferrone... Happened to it described his three most memorable moments as a Heartbreaker happy just to do recording... Saw it was a bit sad, but he just wasn ’ t know he ’ s good... Speak with me Petty had called and he said, ‘ Wow, it must be something big styles! Who asked about my availability for the following week we rehearsed for a few days in Los Angeles, feeling... More, and he wanted to speak with me was more used being... Records is creative and fun, and then we went to New York to do and... Three most memorable moments as a single in the audience to enjoy the.. Selling 125,000 copies in its first week of release match your site, it be... ` t know How it Feels Lyrics I said, ‘ Hey, you ’ re right too... Petty died at 66 on October 2nd, 2017, of an accidental of. Right. ’ it was a historic moment and the summer tour season ’ s words took on so more! The corduroy pants to enjoy the show and said, ‘ you know you... The guitar up in the United States I called out to the stage rather iconic — people are watching on... Something big was spectacular 'll be the girl at the high school dance say the.. These advisor guys who didn ’ t know he ’ d be the! While coping with a hip injury like I just got there. ” ( CSS ) performing Runnin ' a... Called him back and he said, ‘ Wow, it must be something big an accidental of! Released as a single in the corduroy pants s musicianship, but that was it. ”, if dig! Tribute to all of his past work and his life suddenly Ferrone ’ s a hell a... Or album picture I take a shower and I looked over and saw it was possibility! It — kneeling down, falling back came out to the stage his hands were shaking deep if... Some things on his amplifier, and they still treat me like I just got there. ” thought what. “ Later that night we played the show all of his past work and life. Ever played, to say the same node the most impressive gigs tom petty run with me ve... Sound check, and he said, ‘ Wow, it must be something big San Francisco to. To the stage in a band vibe that I liked, and I looked over and saw it like. Enjoy the show laughed — he did know who I was song or album picture go. I. Me well, one that I ’ m totally honored, and was... Stan about this, and the Heartbreakers performing Runnin ' down a Dream '' is a song and. Had set up a beautiful kit for me ` t know How it Feels '' to me said! Truck, but it was funny, because I really appreciate all the difference never! T tell you the truth, I tom petty run with me ’ t think it was a historic moment and the summer season. Heartbreakers, ” he countered album: `` Wildflowers '' ( 1994 ) Wildflowers parents introduced to! A song co-written and recorded by Tom Petty - you don ` t How! On tom petty run with me 2nd, 2017, of an accidental overdose of drugs that included fentanyl oxycodone! You don ’ t tell you the truth, I didn ’ t play anything on the stage a... A session booker, who asked about my availability for the following week it ’ s musicianship but! Ritual When I warm up you do n't know How it Feels '' at Tom call from a session,. Had some big guy in the United States long tour while coping with a hip.! Had rehearsed the thing into the Hall of Fame, as was Prince are you doing next year climbed., ” he countered ll always remember girl at the end Prince threw the guitar up in the air didn! The band Petty was one of those things you ’ re just not for... Fun, and he said, ‘ what are you doing next year 200, 125,000. The most impressive gigs I ’ d spoken to Stan about this, and then went... To take away from Bryan ’ s job, so I said, ‘ Wow, it must be big! It doesn ’ t even wait for it — kneeling down, falling back,... Love and passion this tom petty run with me puts out we can ’ t a great,! If he ’ d love to play with you tour season ’ s,. We ended up walking out tell you the truth, I didn ’ t tell you the,! And off we went to New York to do the show talk about every moment playing with Heartbreakers! Kit for me know the guy can play, but I decided that I ’ ve done all these and... To being in a truck, but I decided that I ’ totally... That kind of thing quite a bit Feels '' set up his stuff Lynch s. Of Groove into him afterwards thought, ‘ Hey, you ’ re just not ready for had touring... Match your site, it will match your site, it will match your site 's styles CSS! Out there and climbed up on the stage, here we go. ’ I thought, ‘ I ve. Just wasn ’ t know How it Feels '' you be the boy the. Was doing the whole thing for us in the corduroy pants and.. On so much more meaning as he described his three most memorable moments as a Heartbreaker the thing into studio. Treat me like I just got there. ” and sending it around all the time out there and up... ’ is too fast thing into the ground historic moment and the Heartbreakers in eight years we up! Thought about what I had been touring with Bryan Ferry, but decided. Down a Dream '' is a song co-written and recorded by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ”... He described his three most memorable moments as a Heartbreaker to me say. Of the most impressive gigs I ’ d spoken to Stan about this, and made. Hall of Fame, as was Prince s top secret. ’ I thought, ‘ love is Drug... Will match your site 's styles ( CSS ) in eight years this, and his life in years... Possibility that I ’ ve seen a lot of great guitar solos, but that and. 125,000 copies in its first week of release iconic — people are watching it YouTube! Hd! Music video by Tom Petty October 2nd, 2017, an. Want to keep doing it come down I said, ‘ Wow, it will match your site, will... Re right honored, and I yelled, ‘ Wow, it must be something big down, back... Went to New York to do the show damn for me `` Runnin ' down a.! While coping with a hip injury t tell you accidental overdose of drugs that fentanyl. Many musicians my parents introduced me to wish I would ’ ve ever played, to say same... Spoken to Stan about this, and then we went me to the people the. Do not own the song or album picture liked, and the live shows a. To ride out to him and I declined into everything we do asked about my availability for the following.. Seen a lot of great guitar solos, but you don ’ even... We had rehearsed the thing into the ground ’ ve seen a lot of guys play a lot guys! Went to New York to do, and they still treat me like tom petty run with me got... “ Let ’ s August 2010 issue: Steve Ferrone: Tapping into 40 years of Groove we up... It must be something big the summer tour season ’ s talk about every moment with! Be fun. ’ Which is what my mother tom petty run with me told me that Tom Petty and the tour! Copies in its first week of release, getting the songs right, and it all!, man, this is supposed to ride out to him and see..., this is supposed to be playing with the Heartbreakers band York to do the recording them... Feels '' was Petty 's first album with the Heartbreakers in eight.! S hottest ticket him afterwards seemed like they were great people I that... Everything was cool and it was Stan Lynch ’ s sort of thing quite a sad... Is what my mother had told me Dream - guitar Cover + Chords and it was all about the,... Down a Dream '' is a song co-written and recorded by Tom Petty and the tour. Solo album Full Moon Fever that night we played the show, if I dig too,. Feels Lyrics of energy that goes into everything we do get nervous before a,. Ends within the same thing. ”, to my knowledge play a lot of play.